WildSurvive Forum
Dark Squirrel

Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post

OK peeps and peepettes.  Here is what I have done on the MCP so far.  What do you think?

The bottom!

dsc00411gz5.jpg

dsc00413el6.jpg

All my outside pieces ready to be assembled.

dsc00415ow6.jpg

All the pieces up and framed in.

dsc00416oa0.jpg

dsc00418su5.jpg

The hatch area where I will be able to cook.

dsc00419mc6.jpg

Hatch area with my cabinets framed inside.

dsc00426wh6.jpg

My first door framed and almost ready to attach.

dsc00425yh9.jpg

Yeeeehawwww. Now that's livin' in luxury. Very nice Dave. Do this need to meet some sort of Dept of Trans specs?

Nope.  Just have to meet lights requirements.  The trailer is rated for 1250 lbs and the cabin and everything I put in it will never reach that limit so I am good to go. 

So THIS is where you've been all this time!!!  Dave, congratulations!  It's coming together really well!  I LOVE the pics!  :thumbsup:

dsc00425yh9.jpg

If your door is going to fit like the picture you might want to put some kind of strip on top to keep rain out. Know what I mean? A drip edge sort of.

Nicw job Dave I see you went for the expensive plywood. :thumbup: What kinda paint you gonna put on it or what are you gonna cover the plywood with. Im useing polyurethane porch and deck enamal. It comes in already mixed colors or you can have them mix the colors you want .

I'm actually going to use sheet of the same material they make hand made shower stalls out of.  I'll just coat the wood with glue and slap the polypropelene sheets to the outside.  It will be weather proof and will be easy to clean.

Yeah.  I thought about the drip edge too.  I just have to wait till I get the outside material on.

Next step will be to do the insulating and wiring.

Guest taken by the wind...

~ where's my perch?  :unsure:

~ it looks cute as hell Dave!  :cool:  I'm totally impressed.  8|  You must be excited to actually see it all coming together.

:clap: :clap: I smiled all the way through that Dave. :D Im kinda wondering about the vinal covering your going to put on it. Will glue be enough to hold it on?

Dave, you ARE going to custom paint it, right?  I seriously think you should put your avatar on the side with "Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post" emblazoned on the side!  Whoo Hoo!  You'll be SO famous!

Glue should be enough to hold it on.  If not then I'll just have to get more persuasive with it.

I'm going to contact a local graphics designer and see if they can make a giant sticker with my avatar on it to put on the camper someplace.

I'm actually going to use sheet of the same material they make hand made shower stalls out of.  I'll just coat the wood with glue and slap the polypropelene sheets to the outside.  It will be weather proof and will be easy to clean.

Yeah.  I thought about the drip edge too.  I just have to wait till I get the outside material on.

Next step will be to do the insulating and wiring.

~ ooooooooooo that's a neat idea! What color?  :bounce:

oh ... and uh.......  where's my perch?  :unsure:

:rofl:

Guest HazeyWolf

The MCPs lookin' good, Dave.  This is a great project!  Congratulations on the work so far and thanks for sharing an update with us...

are you gona have an air vent over the cooking area? might also be good for after eating beans :P

nice job though, thats a pretty cool setup. cant wait to see the finished product!

The axle might not be too far back, Robert.  Look at this picture.  The axle is in the same place as Dave's.

untitledll8.png

When we load the boat for a trip we consider weather we want to pull the weight or carry it. Since the trailer is way under load limits there is no fear of overloading. Since the total load limt isnt a concern for the trailer or the towing vehicle it is better to haul a bigger percentage of the load. We like to see approx. 65 % of the load on the trailer hitch or in front of the axle since the tow vehicle has no problem with the weight. So the trailer is set up like I would want it.

I purchased my wiring last night and will work on getting it all installed tonight when I get home.  I also need to start insulating.  I need to double up on 3/4" celotex to insulate the cabin.  Then it's a matter of doing the paneling inside and installing my lights and roof vent.

Looks great D.............liked the vid.

Will you have any REAL room, or is it all utilised in one way or the other?