WildSurvive Forum
Dark Squirrel

Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post

Guest taken by the wind...

Sleeping area will be 44" x 78".  The rest will be my cooking area which will be about 18" x 44"

~ That's actually a pretty big sleeping area Dave. Its wider and longer than a twin-sized bed, and way more space than an average person has sharing a queen-sized bed.  You should be pretty comfy in there.  :cool: 

I think you should start a show on Discovery and call it "Pimp My Mobile Command Post".

Modified to add:

And instead of grease monkeys out there working on the stuff it should just be you and a handful of actual monkeys covered in grease.

Here is the latest pics and video of what I got accomplished this weekend.  Enjoy.  Don't hurt yourself laughing either. :rofl: :roolling:

My insulation and wiring finished.

dsc00472ll2.jpg

dsc00474ix0.jpg

The video:

I LOVE the video!!!  LOL!!!  Even when you tripped!  :rofl:  Dave, this is really great!

Just like survivorman I leave those little mistakes in.  I could have been proffessional and edited all the silly stuff out.  But then it would only be about 10 seconds long and boring. 

I laughed my butt off Dave. Its even funnier when you know the person doing it. :woot:  I like that insulboard. I might check into that for my blind. :thumbup:

See Im smilin.

smilerv2.jpg

Guest taken by the wind...

awsome work Dave.  :cool:

that's some great work Dave ... it looks like everything is coming along nicely and yous till have all your fingers  :rofl: :hugegrin:

i must say that i love the video "tour" of your work in progress, it gives much better perspective of the work done and how everything will come together  :grin:

Liked that!! Some more great stuff.

But how big will the cieling fan be????? Wont it just be an automatic head beater when you turn it on??????

Sweet stuff Dave. Sorry about the trip in the video ;) 

How much is it gonna cost you when finished?  From start to finish.

They make a pretty good plastic 12 volt fan I found in the automotive section at Walley World. I had one in my cabin pre electricity and it worked pretty good.

Well I've had a major set back on the MCP.  I was tring to install oak paneling on the insdie and discovered a major design flaw.  I am going to have to disassemble the whole thing to put my panels on.  I came very close to just putting a match to the whole thing.  I'm going to try to take a week off in July to do nothing but work on the camper.  It will probably take me a couple days of steady work to repair the flaw.  Maybe less if I was capable of asking my friends for help. 

Ugh Dave, I'm sorry brother.  That really sucks.  It was looking so good (to my eyes) too.

What was the flaw? If you don't mind me askin'.

Gandar

Well I've had a major set back on the MCP.  I was tring to install oak paneling on the insdie and discovered a major design flaw.  I am going to have to disassemble the whole thing to put my panels on.  I came very close to just putting a match to the whole thing.  I'm going to try to take a week off in July to do nothing but work on the camper.  It will probably take me a couple days of steady work to repair the flaw.  Maybe less if I was capable of asking my friends for help. 

Is this the first one you've built? :unsure: If so, don't be so darn hard on yourself, Dave!!!  :)  Now, if you had been building these every day for years and years and screwed up, that's a different story!  :P  :kiss:

Let me guess you forgot the inside paneling nailers in the corners. If this is it just toe nail in some. No big deal.