WildSurvive Forum
Dark Squirrel

Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post

BTW I LOVE this project of yours

Just make sure you put some all terain tires on it so you can get into the swamp :)

Let me guess you forgot the inside paneling nailers in the corners. If this is it just toe nail in some. No big deal.

Very good.  That is exactly my dillema.  My buddy explained how to fix it.  He also told me that Lowe's sold me the wrong wiring.  So I am going to have to tear out all that wire and redo it with the right stuff.  Just another set back. Oh well.

14-3 is good enough Dave although someone may suggest 12-3 but theres no way you will need anything that heavy unless you plan to put in an electric heater or air conditioner.If any doubt use 12-3 Be sure to put the copper ground directly to the frame some where. You should ground your breaker box this way and that will take care of all of it. Be sure to put the hot wire on the copper terminals on your outlet boxes. It will work both ways but alternating current should be run through your appliances in the correct flow.

Forgive me for acting like a know-it-all again. :blushing:  :unsure:

I'm actually not running 110v in the camper.  Everything will be 12v.  So I had to switch wire from a solid strand to a twisted 12guage primary wire.  It was a lot easier to run then the romex.  Maybe some of those electrical courses I took at night will come back to me just in time.  It sure didn't help me so far. :dead:  I got quite a bit done today.  I repositioned my cabinets to allow for more hip space when someone is sleeping.  All my new wire is run.  Most of the camper has small headers to nail my paneling now.  I had to stop when I ran out of 2x2s and screws.  I'm off to Lowe's tomorrow to purchase a new sheet of oak paneling, 4 sheets of plastic shower paneling, 3/8" brad nails, Cabot stain (honey oak I think), brushes, and a piano hinge.

Honey oak is one of my favorite stains, Dave.  That is going to look awesome! :thumbsup:

OK.  I got caught in the rain again yesterday.  Everything got soaked including me.  The forecast for the rest of the week is thundershowers. :'(  This vacation is going down the tubes fast.  I am on the verge of getting the inside wall paneling and the cabinets done.  I think I'll get the chance today to get it done if the rain holds off. :box:  Once the paneling is done then I am going to put the plastic paneling on the outside.  Once that is complete I can install all my windows and roof vent.  I am still far from finished. :upset:

Here is a run down of the money I've spent so far.  It is not totally accurate because I haven't saved all my receipts. 

1)   4x8 Tractor Supply trailer                       $300

1)   4'x8'x3/4"  plywood                               $23

4)  4'x8'x1/8"  pine paneling                        $68 *too ugly :puke:

3)  4'8'x1/4"  oak paneling                          $69 *right paneling  **I screwed one up and had to buy a extra :nop:

1)  4'x4x1/4  oak paneling                          $17

4)   4'x8'x 1/2" cdx plywood                         $72

4)   4'x8' plastic paneling                              $120

1)   Set of cordless tools                              $150

1)   Cabot's honey oak stain                         $6

1)   Natural hair brush                                  $8

1)   Box of 12/2 romex wiring (50ft)              $30 *wrong wiring

1)   100' of 12ga. primary wiring                    $25 *correct wiring

16) 2"x2"x8' pine                                        $40

$928

This is just what I can remember.  :scared:  I'll have to dig out the reciepts to give you a more accurate accounting.  :peace:

I was afraid that the trailer would be the single most expensive thing.  Are they really that expensive to make or do the makers keep a good hold on the market value?

That is the cheapest trailer of quality I could find.  Try not to purchase a bolt together trailer like Harbor Freight sells.  There is a chance the bolts will loosen during travel.  Tractor Supply sells trailers with a welded frame.  You could probably find a cheaper one in your local paper.  With a litttle TLC it would work like a charm.

Lets add:

2)  12v reading lamps        $25

1)  roof vent w/ 12v fan    $55  *bought used at a trailer place. Saved $20

Old Total    $928

New Total  $983

Had a double screw up today.  I bought the wrong brads for the gun  I also cut a 4'x8' oak panle wrong.  That will cost me another $23 to replace.  I gave up for the day.  I didn't get nowhere near what I wanted to done.  Very disappointed.

Sorry to hear that Dave. Screwing up on projects sucks but the good thing is you usually never do it twice ;)  the same thing anyway.

HOORAY!!!   Lowe's was open today.  I went and got my new replacement panel and some brads.  Forecast is for rain today so I got to drag my butt outside and get started.  Need some breakfast first though.

1 box of brads              $2.25

1 4'x8'x1/4" oak panel  $23

Old Total    $983

New Total    $1008.25

Well I got my insdie panels installed. :cheers:  I covered up the MCP because it looked like rain.  Now it looks like it might break up and pass north of me.  I might sneak back out aftrer and do some more on the inside.  It will only take me a few minutes to cover up if it starts to rain now that I got it already under cover.  Fisrt I'm going to cook myself some lunch.  Chicken gizzards and hearts with Spagettio's. :rofl: :punk:

Congrats, Dave! :kiss:  I hope the rain goes well to the north of you and you won't feel a drop! :yes:

Buddy, I don't think your lunch combo will ever make it on any restaurant's menu.  :dead:   :woot:  I do like chicken gizzards dipped in egg and flour and then deep-fried.  Of course, anything tastes good after being deep-fried in Crisco! :thumbsup:

Well it's starting to rain.  So there is no need for me to rush through lunch.  I'll keep an eye out for a opening and run back out to work some more if I get the chance.

Well it's raining harder now.  I'm going to give up and take the rest of the day off.  I got quit a bit done even while it was raining.  I got the rest of the insulation in,  I put a few more header pieces in, I got 2 more pieces of paneling up.  I scraped the old sealant off my roof vent so that is ready to install.  Next sunny day I plan to put all the plastic outside paneling on so I can seal it up good and can install the roof vent.   I can almost see the end! :bounce: