WildSurvive Forum
Dark Squirrel

Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post

Here's what I have so far for pics.  A lot of what of what I got done isn't really noticeable.  Like fixing boo boos.

Here's my new previously owned roof went.  Saved myself 20 something bucks.

dsc00514sf1.jpg

Here is my first inside panel just sitting there waiting to get tacked in.

dsc00513qg8.jpg

I have a problem here.  The panel developed a bow in it and now the panel doesn't want to sit against the frame to get tacked in.  It's not in too tight.  It is definitely the bow.  I'm going to get myself some gorilla glue and attempt to pull the panel back off and get some glue behind it. 

dsc00515ox2.jpg

This is the panel on the other side fully installed.  Being how it was a fresh board I got that morning it installed perfectly.  No bow.

dsc00516xd0.jpg

Looking good Dave.  It's very exciting to watch the progress.  I may even try one seeing you do it.

Just came back from the hardware store. 

4)     Sheets of 220grt sandpaper         $ .49     *Hmm their .49 a piece.  She charged me wrong.

1)     4oz bottle of Gorrila Glue             $8.19     *That'sll fix that  :curse: panel for good.

1)    Pkg of replacement blades          $2.79   

Old Total        $1008.25

New Total        $1019.72

Guest taken by the wind...

~ Geeze Gandar! LOL! Can't ya see Dave's flying by the seat of his pants on this one!  :P :whistle:  What ARE you an accountant or something?  :rofl:

You must not know Dave, or you'd know, he has to factor in a few mistakes here and there plus some last minute ideas that just might pop into his head...  then he might have to subtract someting that he decided that he doesn't need at the last minute... or add something that he forgot that he might need at the last minute...  (then you might have to subract any medical bills that might arise when he eventually nails a part of himself to something important!)  :roolling: Unless he opts to stitch that up himself...  :whistle:  There's a lot to factor into a "projected total cost."  Especially when Dave's building it.  :whistle:

Hey Pookie Bear. I think it looks awsome.  :thumbup: I'm completely enthralled by your progress! It's gonna be fun to watch you take'her out on a test run! Hope you take a lot of pics!  :thumbsup:

I'm taking a quick break to grab some water and my camera.  I'm going to go out and shoot some pics and vid for a few minutes then I'll work till it gets to dark.  I'll post them tonight because I'm done enough that there is a significant change in how it looks.  Be back in about 2 hours.

~ Geeze Gandar! LOL! Can't ya see Dave's flying by the seat of his pants on this one!  

Hehe sorry, please excuse my enthusiasm over it.  I am very interested in this kind of thing but don't have a lot of money to blow and I was just wondering if there were 3 thousand more dollars he expects to put in it...

~ I take it that you access the stove area from the outside of the camper? Like an outdoor cooking area? That is such a cool idea! :thumbup: I hope you get it water-proofed a little better Pookie B. :P :whistle: Oh and thanks for giving me more rolling and tossing and turning room... I have bad insomnia! LOL! :P :naughty: :whistle: I'd hate to keep you up at night bumping into stuff...   :smoke:

Yeah.  The sun gets to me after a while but I drink tons of water and since I'm not getting paid I take breaks whenever the heck I feel like.  Just got hit with a thundershower.  I'm gunna go grab some grub, drive to Lowe's and get a case of tub sealant, then work some more on the MCP.  I got the outside paneling put on the roof.  Man it looks sharp.  This project may turn out a lot better than I planned.  I'll post my new figures for you Gandar.  This is my second trip to Lowe's today.   :woot: :rofl:

~ Dave! I found something you can take the MCP to for your first road trip! It'll be perfect for you!  :thumbsup:

http://www.ufocongress.com/    It looks like a ton of fun!

Cool I've heard of the ufocongress before but never really knew anything about it.  It looks kinda interesting but none of the speakers I saw were saying anything really new.  Think I'll save my money,  I'd go if I could stay for free.

~ yeah... I'd rather just go to area 51 and hang around! LOL! My daughter's wanted to go for years. It looks like a fun town. They have these restaurants where the waiters all dress up like aliens!  :P  or ARE they aliens.....................    8|

We could go hang out in Pahrump.  It is just outside area 51, it's a hot spot for ufo's and Art Bell does his radio show "Coast to Coast AM" from his home there.  We could park outside his house and annoy hiim till he lets us on the air! :cool:

OK.  No more pics or video till Sunday.  Just to tease you all.  I got quit a bit done today.  My buddy Lou is going to stop over and help he apply the plastic paneling to the outside.  You are going to be so surprised.  I'm to tired to tally up todays expenses.  I'll do it in the morning.

We could go hang out in Pahrump.  It is just outside area 51, it's a hot spot for ufo's and Art Bell does his radio show "Coast to Coast AM" from his home there.  We could park outside his house and annoy hiim till he lets us on the air! :cool:

~ Yeah! then.... what would we say when we finally get on the air?  :unsure: 

Here is some of the latest purchases............

3)  8ft pine molding                           $23.29

4)  2"x2"x8'  pine                              $8.76

1)  3/4"x16"x48" pine board              $14.15  *This is my galley countertop.

1)  1/2 pint Dark Walnut stain            $3.26    *For the interior molding

1)  Pkg. breakaway blades                  $2.79

1)  220grit sandpaper                        $  .49

1)  Pkg #12 Flow-Seal screws            $5.97    * To screw the vent to the roof

8)  10oz tubes Tub Sealant                $35.76  *This is to glue the plastic panels to the outside

1)  Pkg 30sq ft Tiles                          $26.40  *I went with stick on tiles.  Cheaper than a installed wood floor.

Old Total    $1019.72

New Total    $1140.59 :scared:

I still have a lot of the scary purchases coming up.  They  will really hurt my wallet.  Here are a few items I'm looking forward to.  The prices are simple guestimations of what I expect to pay for those items.

1)  12v Deep Cyle Marine battery      $100

1)  Indash dvd/mp3/cdr/cdrw/tv player    $85  * this is a refurbished item.  Not new.

1)  6" to 8" LCD monitor                        $150  *  Got to watch tv son something

1)  Deltran battery tender                      $80  * Used to charge and monitor battery energy levels. 

1) 12v Fuse box                                    $100  * I need a box that has switches so I can better isolate circuits.  Unlike a auto fuse box.

1) Class 3 reciever                                  $125  * Got to tow it behind the Tracker with something :hugegrin:

1)  44"x76"x8" foam mattress                  $300-450 :cry:

I tolld ya that I expected to wind up paying out around $2000 after it was finished.  I am getting very close to being complete and on budget.  I'm sure some of the future things I will be able to find deals on somewhere so that will be even better. 

~ Yeah! then.... what would we say when we finally get on the air?  :unsure:  

We'll do the old CB song "Hey Shirley, this is Squirrelly" :rofl:  Then we'd get down to serious business. :yes:

Today is not going to be very productive.  Weather is not cooperating.  Rain doesn't look like it's going to let up at time soon so I'm going to take the rest of the day off and do something.  I'll check in later.  Be good.