WildSurvive Forum
Dark Squirrel

Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post

Steady rain today.  Looks worse than yesterday.  I'm trying to figure out what I can work on so I'm at least getting something done.  Think I'll drag my molding into the garage, stain it, and see how it's going to look in the camper.  The outside panels are not a go today unless it does some major clearing up. 

I'm going to work on getting my video of the Great Gathering at Fort Ticonderoga posted.  I'll have to do some editing to make it uploadable.  Don't really know what else to do. :'(

I love it when it rains all work stops and i can go out in my stove work shop  fix up some stoves or make coffee , noddles. etc. like there is 60 or more maybe 100 lost count that need a good shine or fiddle to work got stoves got time 24-7  :D

Guest taken by the wind...

~ Dave... you are so silly!  :kiss: . we've been hearing about this MCP dream of yours for over a year, then all of a sudden you disappear for a few days, and you reappear, with pics and video, and you have it half built!  8|  :thumbsup: :clap: :cheers: :no1:

We are ALL totally amazed how quick you just threw it together so far.  :cool:  We are so excited to see your dream unfolding!  :thumbup:

So... don't you worry about being set back a couple of days due to weather!  :P  It's like a snowball now... it's gonna keep on rolling along with ease now.  :smoke:

It's not going to go very fast.  I have most of the building materials purchased already but I've run out of funds.  I used most of the money I saved up for my Grand Canyon trip to work on the MCP.  Now I have to come up with about $1000 so I can start making reservations for next years trip.  So the MCP will be put on a slow burner till I can get some funds together.  I've gunna see about getting it registered this week.  Then I'll buy a tow reciever next week (maybe) and take it for it's first journey.  It won't have inside lights or tv or even a mattress but it should be road ready.

Well the funds issue stinks Dave but it'll be worth it in the long run and sometimes when you have to wait an extra week to get that next piece, it makes it worth all the more.

Street worthy???? Got any new pics?

Cool.  Sorry to bug ya on pics but this is our very own little picture-by-picture reality show or do it yourself show...

It's not going to go very fast.  I have most of the building materials purchased already but I've run out of funds.  I used most of the money I saved up for my Grand Canyon trip to work on the MCP.  Now I have to come up with about $1000 so I can start making reservations for next years trip.  So the MCP will be put on a slow burner till I can get some funds together.  I've gunna see about getting it registered this week.  Then I'll buy a tow reciever next week (maybe) and take it for it's first journey.  It won't have inside lights or tv or even a mattress but it should be road ready.

~ Dave....  you shouldn't have to start making reservations more than a year in advance.  8| A lot of people do overnight camping trips like that on the spur of the moment when they're visiting Las Vegas. (you can even rent equipment and stuff.)  There's no way you should have to book your camping reservaton for next year... right now.  :nono:  Nor should you have to book an airline ticket right now... or anything else.

I think you should keep working on your MCP. don't get sidetracked. Worry about that vacation next year. You'll STILL have plenty of time. Plus another income tax return. Quit multitasking! Focus on the task!  :thumbup:  If you don't have the money next year to make it to the Grand Canyon ...  I'll take ya!  :P :whistle:  (I know, I know... going there with a crazy southern chick like me won't be half the fun as going with your buddy and his wife,  but It's the best I can offer...)  :P :whistle:

Here is my latest video.  I will tell you that I wasn't overly as pleased with it as I was with the others. :thumbdown:  I tossed a few still photos in the video also.  I tried to add some narration to explain the photos but I goofed that up.  There is video of a attack by another single raincloud.  I am getting to the point I'm beginning to believe there is some kind of conspiracy going on whenever I uncover the MCP. :ninja:

~ What's up with that little rain cloud Dave? Darn.....   It IS like a conspiracy.  :unsure:  Keep on pushing through it!  :thumbup: Your MCP is coming along great!

Good thing its not snow. Ever thing looks great but one thing that bending over like that one day you will not get up again be in bed 3 or 4 days.It happen to me with a chain saw. All my work gets up high if i have to work on a lawn mower  put plywood on saw horse then work on it if things to heavy make a A frame with pulley then on table. Dam i got to fix my snowblower. :scared:

" post="63405" timestamp="1184125557"]

Good thing its not snow. Ever thing looks great but one thing that bending over like that one day you will not get up again be in bed 3 or 4 days.It happen to me with a chain saw. All my work gets up high if i have to work on a lawn mower  put plywood on saw horse then work on it if things to heavy make a A frame with pulley then on table. Dam i got to fix my snowblower. :scared:

8| 8| :hmm:

Well I got some more of the outside panels on yesterday.  I wound up having to fix a couple of the outside panels after rain leaked trhough my traps and got behind the panels, lossening the glue.  Took me about and hour to reglue them.  I also got the ceiling panel on finally.  I also fixed one of the inside wall panels that had abow in it.  I loosened the panel and used some gorilla glue.  I wedged a board against the oppisite wall to put pressure on the loose area.  I left it over night to set.  Should be fine today.  Tomorrow will be real nice.  I will get the last of the plastic panels in place and finished and then work on my cabinets.  I'll take some pics and video for yall.

I went to Lowe's tonight for a few more items.  I really got to watch my money this week so I am EXTREMELY limited as to what I can get.  Here's the latest purchases.....

4)  10oz tubes Tub Sealant           $17.96

3)  10oz tubes of Asphalt sealant    $9.87

Old Total      $1140.59

New Total      $1168.42

~ Dave!  :mad:  We don't wanna hear about you fixing your shower! Or fixing some cracks in the road! This thread is supposed to be about your MCP! Now quit going off-topic!  :P