WildSurvive Forum
Dark Squirrel

Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post

Things might slow down just a hair though.  I might have built myself into a predicament with the doors.  I need to do some research before I start up again. 

Well I stained the inside today.  I've never stained anything before.  One lessoned I learned today is to stain the stuff BEFORE you put it inside.  I almost did a huge boo boo and spilled a large amount of stain on my brand new floor.  Thanks the gods I was smart enought to put some old tiles down and caught all of it.   gen165.gif

I almost did a huge boo boo and spilled a large amount of stain on my brand new floor.  Thanks the gods I was smart enought to put some old tiles down and caught all of it.   gen165.gif

Whoa.  Glad you had the foresight to do that.

Guest taken by the wind...

~ Looks good Dave. I like that natural look.  :thumbup:

That's the Golden Oak stain.  It was darken than I thought it was going to be.  It doesn't look anything like the little sample.  The moulding will be dark walnut.  It is really really dark but it actually doesn't look bad with the golden oak.  Like I said.  Brass hinges and knobs will go great with the dark walls.

Dave, I love it!  :thumbsup:  Thank you SO much for making it possible for all of us to "be there" with you through this whole process.

Went to Lowe's today.......

3)   8' aluminum 1" trim

3)   8' pine 1" trim

1)   20oz Black spray paint

2)   50ct self tapping metal screws

1)   finishing punch

Old Total      $1168.42

New Total    $1230.42

Very cool Dave.  Is the alum and wood trim going next to each other?

What's your projected completion time?

Guest taken by the wind...

I know you say "yall" but you mean GANDAR.

~ Dave says "yall"?   8|    :P :rofl: :whistle:  Don't go letting that kind of talk slip out at work now...  :hugegrin:

It should be at least road ready in the next month.  I want it completely finished in Sept.

Very cool.  Planned your first trip yet?

No plans for the first trip.  Probably someplace relatively close.  they are actually having a meet somewhere here in NY in Sept called the Adirondack Tear Down.  I'd like mine finished enought to go and meet other people who build teardrop campers.  Mine technically isn't a teardrop camper but they don't care. 

For those who wish more info can go to Teardrop and Tiny Travel Trailers.  They are a great bunch of guys and there is tons of usefull info on how to build your own. 

Dave, how's the MCP coming along?  I know you haven't been able to add anything big to it but have ya putz'd around with it lately?

OK.  It's been a while since my last update so here is the latest purchases...

1)   Deltran Battery Tender Plus 12V @ 1.25A                        $48.71

1)   Pyle 9.2" TFT-LCD Wide Screen Monitor  PLH9SP              $129.95

1)   Pyle In-Dash Mobile DVD/CD/MP3 Player &  PLTVD137        $69.95

Old Total     $1230.42

New Total    $1479.03

I am stocking up on stuff for spring like a good squirrel should.  I really want to get to the camper meet at Fish Creek this spring.  MCP will be cable-tv-ready  WOOHOO!  I actually went with a bit more expensive DVD player.  This one has a coavial connection in the back over my prior choise.  It also has a built in TV tuner so I don't miss Lost.  Next thing I'm looking for is a mattress.  I'm trying to find a good buy on a memory foam mattress or even a few memory foam toppers.  6" to 8" should do the trick. 

Great work Dave ... are you going to keep up with us here when you go out?

Of course I will.  I love taking video of my trips and sharing them with everyone.  It's so much fun. :bounce: :clap:  I just have to figure out how I'm going to manage a internet connection. :blink:

Dave the MCP is awesome. Great work. Need a place to park it my drive is available ;). I love those little trailers.

Dave.... Dave.... Dave......

Where's your head at buddy? Any decent MCP worth its wheels needs to have an in dash 8-track cassette player as the foundation of its window rattlin', neighbor angerin', full spectrum sound system. You know you want it.... you know you need it.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dave.... Dave.... Dave......

Where's your head at buddy? Any decent MCP worth its wheels needs to have an in dash 8-track cassette player as the foundation of its window rattlin', neighbor angerin', full spectrum sound system. You know you want it.... you know you need it.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can't believe how many people want me to go for the retro thing.  8 track player, disco lights, wall to wall shag carpeting.  It's just too funny.   happy097.gif  Funnier still I don't get the joke.  I don't see what makes it disco worthy. :blink: :eyebrow: :/