WildSurvive Forum
Dark Squirrel

Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post

I can't believe how many people want me to go for the retro thing.  8 track player, disco lights, wall to wall shag carpeting.  It's just too funny.   happy097.gif  Funnier still I don't get the joke.  I don't see what makes it disco worthy. :blink: :eyebrow: :/ 

Awww...BB is just wanting to relive his Grateful Dead Days through you, Dave. :rofl:

Big Blue is that why it says Stayin Alive on the back of it. happy097.gif

Dave just don't start wearing polyester suits.

Look Harold its that neighbor boy foolin around with that tiny camper again. Is he EVER going to get that thing done? Whats it for anyway? Hes been workin on that thing for years.  :nono:  :P

Truckin' - got my chips cashed in

Keep Truckin - like the doodah man

Together - more or less in line

Just keep Truckin on

Arrows of neon and flashing marquees out on Main Street

Chicago, New York, Detroit it's all on the same street

Your typical city involved in a typical daydream

Hang it up and see what tomorrow brings

Dallas - got a soft machine

Houston - too close to New Orleans

New York - got the ways and means

but just won't let you be

Most of the cats you meet on the street speak of True Love

Most of the time they're sittin and cryin at home

One of these days they know they gotta get goin

out of the door and down to the street all alone

Truckin - like the doodah man

once told me you got to play your hand

sometime - the cards ain't worth a dime

if you don't lay em down

Sometimes the light's all shining on me

Other times I can barely see

Lately it occurs to me

What a long strange trip it's been

What in the world ever became of sweet Jane?

She lost her sparkle, you know she isn't the same

Living on reds, vitamin C and cocaine

all a friend can say is "ain't it a shame"

Truckin' -- up to Buffalo

Been thinkin - you got to mellow slow

Takes time - you pick a place to go

and just keep Truckin on

Guest given to the sea...

~ I don't see a disco theme either. :smoke: It's a Mobile Command Post for heaven's sake.   :ninja: I see a high tech theme myself, with state of the art gadgets and gizmos. Little lights blinking inside... of COURSE you have to have one large red button that is labeled "emergency eject" or something just as mysterious... maybe "MCP self destruct" just for kicks. :P You need a green camo-colored phone underneath some glass labeled " Emergency Squirrel Phone." (that should raise some eyebrows...) :naughty:

Hey, I'm just suggesting he cover ALL the bases and possibilities. I honestly think an 8-track would make a modern high-tech system all that more impressive.... Blue Ray, HD, video cassette, Super-8, along with MP3, CD, reel-to-reel, cassette player, turntable, and 8-track....... now that's a system with capability.

Hey, I'm just suggesting he cover ALL the bases and possibilities. I honestly think an 8-track would make a modern high-tech system all that more impressive.... Blue Ray, HD, video cassette, Super-8, along with MP3, CD, reel-to-reel, cassette player, turntable, and 8-track....... now that's a system with capability.

~ Does anybody even have 8-track tapes anymore? :unsure: Those things were huge! LOL! happy061.gif You didn't even buy one unless the whole thing was good, because there was NO searching going on with that big ole thing! Remember how they'd start skipping? And you'd have to take a piece of folded up paper and stick underneath it? happy097.gif Yeah, Dave needs one of those things alright. :whistle: Isn't it amazing that now we can fit thousands of songs and even movies on something the size of keychain? 8| How did we come so far, so fast? :unsure: How did we go from being barely able to squeeze 12 songs on something bigger than a frizbee, to being able to put every song we've ever heard on something the size of a Ritz Cracker? :blink:

Digital Taken and yes I have an old 8 track out of an old mustang. Im sure it still works. I think Ive got an old stereo in a closet upstairs that play and recordes 8 track.

Yeah it use to be if you took 8 tracks with you you had to carry a suitcase for the others you wanted to listen to. Now you can take your music library with you in your pocket. But I still have my old vinyl also. They don't get played now but I may get the transfered to cd in digital quality sound yet.

~ Does anybody even have 8-track tapes anymore?  :unsure:  Those things were huge! LOL!  happy061.gif  You didn't even buy one unless the whole thing was good, because there was NO searching going on with that big ole thing! Remember how they'd start skipping? And you'd have to take a piece of folded up paper and stick underneath it?  happy097.gif  Yeah, Dave needs one of those things alright.  :whistle: Isn't it amazing that now we can fit thousands of songs and even movies on something the size of keychain?  8|  How did we come so far, so fast?  :unsure: How did we go from being barely able to squeeze 12 songs on something bigger than a frizbee, to being able to put every song we've ever heard on something the size of a Ritz Cracker?  :blink:

Alien techology thanks to our grey skinned friends at Area 51!

Alien techology thanks to our grey skinned friends at Area 51!

~ shhhhhh...    :unsure: (not everybody knows that.)

~ One night, Dave, you're gonna hear a high pitched noise clicking around outside your MCP...... 8|

so you'll turn on your High tech Roof Cam.... and this is what you'll see peering at the lens... scared011.gif

grey5sc1.jpg

~ One night, Dave, you're gonna hear a high pitched noise clicking around outside your MCP......    8|

so you'll turn on your High tech Roof Cam....  and  this is what you'll see peering at the lens...   scared011.gif

grey5sc1.jpg

Hmmm....that looks just like  the weird guy that asked me for directions to Keeseville..... :hmm:

~ One night, Dave, you're gonna hear a high pitched noise clicking around outside your MCP......    8|

so you'll turn on your High tech Roof Cam....  and  this is what you'll see peering at the lens...   scared011.gif

grey5sc1.jpg

You have no clue how terrified I was of that picture when I was younger.

You have no clue how terrified I was of that picture when I was younger.

~ You need to talk to Squattie then.... you may be a "chosen" one yourself........ 8|

230px-Nasa_mer_marvin.jpg

One of these is on each one of the rovers that is currently surveying Mars. :woot:

~ For real? They put something that silly looking on something that some Alien may find and draw a conclusion from ??? We are SO doomed..... :nono:

There will be a Marvin the Martian somewhere on my camper. 

~ I somehow see Dave saluting (just like Marvin the Martian)  as he says this...   :unsure:   (he's totally serious) 

And yet another trip to Wally World.  This time I bought a group 24, deep cycle battery to power the MCP.  650 cold cranking amps.

1)     EverStart Marine deep cylce 12v battery                          $83.03

Old Total    $1479.03

New Total    $1562.06

I bought a battery box today that will vent any potentially lethal gasses out of my camper.

1)    SMALL VENTED BATTERY BOX - WHITE - FITS GROUP 24 BATTERIES    $38.41

Old Total    $1562.06

New Total  $1600.47