WildSurvive Forum
Dark Squirrel

Super Squirrel's Mobile Command Post

I think his project is one of those that never gets done things. I got a lot of those. Im thinking at my age Ill die and wont have to worry about finishing them.  :D

~ check out this Garbage Truck that was converted into a home.

http://www.popgive.com/2008/05/garbage-truck-converted-into-home.html

~ From my observations, Super Squirrel typically starts working on this MCP every year after he gets his Tax refund...    :P   The MCP funds are not in just yet.

I bet he will finish it.   :thumbsup:   I got five bucks that says he'll get it done. (Sometime or nuther.)  :whistle:

Alrighty peeps here is the official word.  I am going to attempt to finish the MCP this spring.  My friend is going to let me use his garage and will offer up an extra set of hands.  Rebuilding should start a little while after I get my income tax back.  The reason I didn't work on it last year is due to my trying to save for my Grand Canyon trip.

MCP taken one step further (pun intended)

howlscastlegv4.jpg

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...eighbours.html

"The 10ft high home is solar and wind powered and can stroll at walking pace across all terrains.

It has a living room, kitchen, toilet, bed, wood stove and mainframe computer which controls the legs.

The pod will take its maiden stroll around rural Cambridgeshire at the Wysing Arts Centre in Bourn on Thursday.

It was built by art collective N55 in Copenhagen, Denmark, who worked in conjunction with engineers at MIT in Massachusetts, USA.

Designers say it provides a solution to the problem of rising water levels as the house can simply walk away from floods.

The prototype cost £30,000 to build, including materials and time, but the designers believe it could be constructed for a lot less.

The artists in the N55 collective are Ion Sørvin, and Øivind Slaatto. Sam Kronick, from MIT designed the legs.

Mr Slaatto plans to live in the house when it returns to Copenhagen. He has been working on his pet project for two years and was inspired by his meetings with Romani travellers in Cambridgeshire.

He said: "This house is not just for travellers but also for anyone interested in a more general way of nomadic living.

Each leg is powered and works independently and is designed to always have three on the ground at any one time to ensure stability.

The makers hope the legs could be eventually mounted on any kind of structure and make it walk and several pods could be linked together for bigger houses."

Hey, as long as you remember the warp nacelles.....

Believe it or not buddy I do have a plan for warp nacelles.  They won't actually attach to the camper but I will whip them out and lay them along side the camper to make it look like a shuttle craft. :woot: :rofl:

Believe it or not buddy I do have a plan for warp nacelles.  They won't actually attach to the camper but I will whip them out and lay them along side the camper to make it look like a shuttle craft. :woot: :rofl:

COOL!! Here's an idea...if they're made from PVC they could double as storage.  And don't forget NCC-1701!  :D

I was thinking something that was inflatable for easier storage.  PVC would look way beeter but it would be hard to lug around 8ft long sections of pipe.  Definitely something I will consider though in my final plan. 

Yeah, you're probably right, they'd be hard to stow if made from PVC, not to mention the cost of a PVC tube of that diameter.  :greed:

I actually have PVC of sufficient diameter to make something like that.  It's what gave me the idea for nacelles.

I actually have PVC of sufficient diameter to make something like that.  It's what gave me the idea for nacelles.

LOL!  I think we'd have to look a long time to find a bigger pair of geeks than us!   :woot:

Still waiting for more progress.  You're doing a great job. I want to see it finished. I have watched you 1 - 6 videos on YouTube already. I can't wait.......

Still waiting for more progress.  You're doing a great job. I want to see it finished. I have watched you 1 - 6 videos on YouTube already. I can't wait.......

~ pssssst! mcgyver,  :unsure:

we've been waiting for Dave to finish his Mobile Command Post for at least three years. Just don't hold your breath or cancel any vacation plans in anticipation. That's all I'm saying.  :whistle:

Oh thats right its spring and its time for Dave to nail on a couple more boards and put in a few more screws.  :peace:

OK peeps.  After a brief  :whistle: :rolleyes: hiatus I have returned to working on the MCP.  It should actually be on the road THIS week.  On the road..yes.  Finished... no.  I'm going to finish wiring the lights today and attempt to get it inspected.  The DVD player is in and monitor.  The battery box is in and the battery is charging.  I've added extra taillights so I don't get hit in the rear.  The rear hatch cover will be on this weekend thanks to the special ordered hinge I recieved yesterday.  Both side doors are on but not quit finished as I am waiting for a couple of windows ny buddy Lou is supposed to get for me.  Video is coming. :thumbup: