WildSurvive Forum
Gandar

A Bug-Out-Bag Must Item

Well not really a must but a pretty good have none-the-less.

When making my B.O.B. I paid particular attention to mental moral and thus found the following.

This is a deck of plastic water proof playing cards from Bycicle. They cost me around $4.00 US and are of great durability.

They also make Waterproof Uno cards called UNO H20.

Hope you all like and you should definately add a deck to your B.O.B.

For when in the woods/shelter/camp and you need to take your mind away from the ploom of smoke or pool that was your home, nothing's better than a round of cards with friends.

Gandar

Cards.jpg.7b788ca67248d7afde93fbab81a9ac16.jpg

On the box it is printed as follows:

Edible wild foods cards

(printed in Belgium)

U.S. Games systems, Inc

Stamford, CT 06902 USA

ewf52        isbn 0-88079-515-8

I looked at the Lee Valley online  and didn't find any mention of the cards so maybe no longer carried there.

Gandar, you really did bring up a good point.  A person's mental condition is every bit as important as their physical condition.  However, I would forget the Uno cards and just bring the regular deck, then play poker for cookies or other edible goodies!  "Yep!  I'll see your two Oreos and I'll raise you three strips of beef jerky!"  :woot: :rofl:  :thumbsup:

Forlorn Hope, I think that is hilarious about the cards!  I really need to get some of those!

Yeah edibility cards would be great.  I agree Holly they would double their use as "gambling" tools.

lol, I did actually include a deck of card in my bob. but i dont think its a MUST item.

you put things like that in a kit last, if you got the room.

I am personally more entertained whittling chess peices than playing cards. but im weird :P

You're not weird, crazy stick.  You've also brought up a very good point.  Each of us has a hobby or favorite thing to do.  I think it would be a good idea for us to include it in our BoB for a morale booster, just as Gandar has said.  Whether it be cards, or a special knife for whittling, or a small pocket Bible, or a small notebook for journaling, we should include something that will give us a feeling of "normalcy" to help us during a stressful time. 

Okay, Gandar brings cards.  crazy stick has his knife to whittle chess pieces.  I have my pocket Bible.  What are some other things other people pack?

Hehe, well as long as I have a few 20 sided dice, a few 6,8 and 10 sided  I can run an awesome D&D or star wars game  lol.

I keep a deck with me  when ever I go out..........Collin has a little tin of Spounge Bob cards in his bag as well........

They always come in handy.

I keep a parafoil kite with me sometimes when I'm out trekking.  It's not so good in a camp but on a summit with lots of wind it's a ton of fun.  I don't fly it very high because I don't want to lose it in the trees but people get a kick out of seeing it.  LOL  At the very least I have around 100yds of extra string to use for survival.

Woods, Glad to see the cards are in your mind too.

Dave, The kite sounds very fun. It could possibly even have some more survival uses like attracting birds...

In thinking more on this, those travel car games would be pretty handy as well........those magnettic chess/checker boards........and the magnets would come in handy if you needed to make a compass

Woods, Glad to see the cards are in your mind too.

Dave, The kite sounds very fun. It could possibly even have some more survival uses like attracting birds...

It could just be used to signal for help also. It could reach high above trees to be seen for miles.  It is the colors of the rainbow.

Dave, sounds great man. Glad to hear the idea. Did you buy or make it?

Woods, I had never thought of the compass idea. That's awesome and I'm sure they can be found at the dollar store from time to time.

It could just be used to signal for help also. It could reach high above trees to be seen for miles.  It is the colors of the rainbow.

Any special reason its a rainbow??????????

LOLOLOLOL JK buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just dont fly it on "Brokeback mountain"!!!!!!!!!!!!

(This idea brought to you by another member who wishes to remain annonomouse) LOL LOL LOL

What worries me, Woods, is that you seem to know all about those rainbows and Brokeback Mountain... 8|

:woot: :rofl:  :P