WildSurvive Forum

We have had to allow some advertising to the site in order to support ourselves. This may not sit well with some members but in order to keep this site up and running it had to happen. Please bear with us.

Other changes will only be from suggestions from the members as to things we can do to keep this site open. We need all of the great family of members here to keep this site up and running.

Thank you all.

Swede and others involved. Being a former Web Designer, Web Master and scripter I have given my insights to HazeyWolf. If you would like, you may get with him for those insights.

I can offer a lot to the sight as far as ideas and help but cannot devote 100% of my time since I have a family and other positions that I must fulfill.

I will be of whatever reasonable help I am asked to be to this site and its members.

And please God, do not let pop up advertisements on the site. From experience, I know that they drive away so many people it is not worth it. Although it may pay the bills, who needs to pay the bills when no ones coming to the site anymore because their so annoyed with pop ups. Seeing as at least 1/2 of the people on the internet are on low end machines (slower computers) and more than that on slower than cable internet connections, pop up advertisements make sites so unbearable that those people just stop going to the sites that have them. This may not even be on your mind but I wanted to share what I've learned from the industry before anything bad happen.

Banners on the other hand are a great way to get advertisers and income without destroying your users time here.

Thank you,

Gandar / Brad

I agree Gandar no pop ups.  :thumbup:

Im not sure if we will have to add advertising in the future yet. We are payed six months in advance for now.

I never see adds so i dont mind, but yeah pop ups suck but most sites dont have em i think firefox blocks em.

Google adwords are allways okay less intrusive. either you can have it at the top like norm or some sites have it as a plugin so it appears some what like a post, less intrusive but cant get annoying some times.

Okay.  What are the monthly fees or yearly for that matter for the current hosting company?

I think its only 10 bucks a month for now but were looking at other hosting programs. This one works but we have some glitches.

$10 isn't bad at all.  Do you mind sharing with me the bandwith allowance and the amount of file storage we get for that?  A pm or on here would be fine. If you don't want to share, I understand completely but I'm just looking to see if I know any better ideas...

They are using hostgator... this has been brought to you buy netcraft.com...

The ten dollar plan has 100gb space and 1tb bandwidth

I wish you guys would stop speaking that foreign language, I can't follow the conversation at all!   :P

$10 isn't bad at all.  Do you mind sharing with me the bandwith allowance and the amount of file storage we get for that?  A pm or on here would be fine. If you don't want to share, I understand completely but I'm just looking to see if I know any better ideas...

What? dont ask me I depend on you computer geeks to know that stuff. I just delagate athority.

Ask Bravo when he gets back from driving his car.Whats that info at the bottom of the page?

I wish you guys would stop speaking that foreign language, I can't follow the conversation at all!   :P

Lol. No secret at all.  He said the amount of space we rent with the host company is 100gigabytes. It's how much stuff we can put on the site and 100gb is a ton.

Traffic or bandwidth is slightly more complicated. Traffic is the amount of data you are able to transfer from the site to the user each month. Each time you look at a web page it transfers data from that page onto your computer and this is policed by the hosting company.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about confusing you holly, now we could start speaking 1337 5p34|< 4|\|d 2341y c0|\|fu5e j00

cookie for who ever can translate that for holly

Some times cheap hosting isnt always the best because not all hosting companies are the same many servers are faster and more efficient and reliable. Host like dreamhost will over sell bandwidth and storage that they dont even have hoping there customers will never realize. asmallorage.com is great but only if bandwidth for the site isnt too high. My church uses bluehost and have had no problems with that either decent prices.