WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Machine

Survival (para Cord) Bracelet How To

I just got a Survival bracelet. I heard them called Special Forces bracelets also.  They are made out of paracord.  They can be unwrapped in a survival situation and you have around 8 feet of cordage right on your wrist.  You can have cord with you at all times for emergency bow drills, traps, snares, garrot (extreme, I know), shoe laces...whatever you need in an emergency.  What do you think of them?  Extra cordage and easy to carry.  Anyone have one or seen one? 

cordzy4.jpg

cord1lu5.jpg

interesting... but if you have a backpack you can put the cordage in there, why wear it all the time onyour wrist?

Bravo, because not everyone wants to carry a backpack everywhere with them. most of the time. things happen when you least expect them too.

I think the bracelet is pretty cool. I have seen them around, I might just make one myself though instead of buying one.

I don't always have my pack with me. I can have this daily. If you lose your pack, your gear gets stolen, whatever. This way you always have cord with you. This is for an emergency, not something you would just pack. I know we all prepare for emergencies this way no matter what you at least have cordage.

I actually made my own. Once you figure it out it is not too bad. Figuring it out took some time. I wanted to use a clip instead of the button.

Guest adrenjunky

I like mine I usually have 2 10' sections braided like that.

Machine, that is an excellent idea for an emergency. I like the e-clip and if I may make a suggestion? Why not a belt? More than 8 feet of paracord and more work, but definitely a worthwhile endeavor. The braiding is excellent work. Very sharp workmanship. Way cool !!!

Lost...are you reading my mind? Definitely a belt. This was my trial to see how I would do. I have a ton of ideas. I was even thinking about putting a small key sized "flint" on it. There is a ton of uses.

Lost...are you reading my mind?  Definitely a belt.  This was my trial to see how I would do.  I have a ton of ideas.  I was even thinking about putting a small key sized "flint" on it.  There is a ton of uses.  

I need to get busy with that. I love it. You are doing very nicely and I can't wait to see the belt.

Machine you got me in so much work this weekend it wasn't funny. :ranting: I made one for each of the kids then my wife thought they were cute so I ended up making her 2. Your braid looks different than mine. I will have to research how to post images then I will post a few. Ooops just clicked additional items so I guess I know.  :rofl:

Machine you got me in so much work this weekend it wasn't funny. :ranting: I made one for each of the kids then my wife thought they were cute so I ended up making her 2. Your braid looks different than mine. I will have to research how to post images then I will post a few. Ooops just clicked additional items so I guess I know.  :rofl:

Sorry TPA.  :notangel:  I have actually done 3 myself and am working on more.  I made myself a black one also.  If someone knows a better way to close them off at the end please post it.  I just tie them.  The way I weave it I found on a military based site.  I guess there is actualyl tons of ways.  If you need help posting a pic, PM me and I will help you out. 

Lost:  "I need to get busy with that."  What reading my mind?  8| :blush:  Are you making one? If anyone needs help PM and I will try my best.

If anyone just wants one made let me know also.  Thumper (my wife) makes them...... 

Machine you must of got alot of people going on here lately, i myself have now made three of those as well. Great idea and stylish at the same time.

You know, you are right - it does look good, except the platic thing  8)

What do you mean?  The clip?  Using a clip is the most secure way to make it.  Plus you can't see it when it is on.  :grin:

I agree I like the clip also. I picked them up at a fabric store down here. After I drew a picture so the sales gal could figure out what the devil I was talking about and asking for.  :'(

Quick little note on the clip.  I found dog and cat collars at the dollar store.  I just cut the clips off.  It was cheaper than the fabric stores. 

I joined the band wagon and made one the day he made this post lol :P, i used black paracord and i made the knots as tight as i could so i could fit more in. its pretty comfortable. i fit about 9 feet in it.

I have made quite afew of them, i need to post some pics up here of another one i made that is easily unraveled. I have used camo and green, and black, i am getting some orange and some tan.

Wow machine - this gadget you showed us is a real succes on the forum  :)

Show us more of your hand-made stuff