WildSurvive Forum
negotiator

City boys lost in wilderness hike

Thanx L.W. !

It will be a fictional script based on our adventures in the Forest. The Producer of Lightning Rod Studios (also based in Wisconsin - lightningrodstudios.com) suggested that we put together a promotional package. I could either pay the $1250 to have them assist me with tweaking the screenplay, and present it to various investors or I could put together my own package with a pictorial overview of the sites mentioned in my screenplay - not nearly as professional, but much cheaper. I understand that this business has a lot of scammers, but, this producer is also my friends brother-in-law. That's how I got him to read it, and his partner was already familiar with it from the Great Lakes Film festival. I can't help but feel confident that their intentions are genuine. I too, am a member of the Writers Guild East, but in no way have I come close to the success that you've had. I thank you for your insight and support. I am alone on an island here and would appreciate the opportunity to contact you again. Can I contact you by other means? I've got a lot more questions, and would be grateful for the help. Thanx again!

I''ll send video when the site lets me.

NEGOTIATOR - "Can I contact you by other means?"

Yep, send me a PM here and perhaps I can offer a suggestion or two that might help, or give you something to consider.

I will say, that as you are a member of WGA,east, you might contact tham about your "deal." Minimums, contract stipulations, etc., etc.  You know the drill on that, I'm sure.

Certainly it's your screenplay and project and you have to do what you think is best...  but if it were I, a couple of things you mentioned kinda waved a red flag at me, considering that I went to Lightning Rod's site and looked it over.  No need to get into that publicly.

L.W

L.W.,

I called the Producer with details about our excursion and requested to meet with him in person to discuss the screenplay. He suggested we meet downtown at Eagans (some fancy restaurant) for lunch. Does this mean I have to pay the bill?

I am assuming "PM" means Post message?

Guest HazeyWolf

Hey Negotiator! PM usually refers to "Personal Message" (like an on-site email system).  I don't mean to get in your business, but the individual you've plans to meet with could probably write off the meeting as a business expense - it depends on the firm and their policies.  If you have a buisness license you could do the same.  I'd be prepared to go dutch at least, lol.  Did you shoot any video of your expedition?  Sounds like it might be interesting...