WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HazeyWolf

ASPCA: Emergency Pet Preparedness

Guest HazeyWolf

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pets_emergency   

"Emergencies come in many forms, and they may require anything from a brief absence from your home to permanent evacuation. Each type of disaster requires different measures to keep your pets safe. The best thing you can do for yourself and your pets is to be prepared."   - The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

Thanks for the link, Hazey!  I ordered the "Animals Inside" sticker for our house.  Great reminder that we need to include our pets in our emergency preparations!

Hmmm.... in the case of a real emergency.... like a Katrina style.... I am not sure if my dogs would be prepared to be "dog food" :D

Seriously thou, I have two large dogs which are both members of our family and deeply loved, and also protective (to the extreme) of my wife and children. So we have quick setup cages as part of our BOV that they will ride in. Nothing is worse then having to try and drive thru heavy weather, and having the puppies bouncing all over the truck because they are wound up by the excitment/fear in the air. The cages protect them and us, and mount right into the floor with the stock cargo hooks. The crates arent anything fancy, just normal dog crates you see at PetCo or the like.

In one of our Bin's we have a 25lbs bag of food for each dog. Worse case if we are super rushed getting out, they can share our food.... or better yet, the cat. :D