WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Lets not forget our mission

There have been times Ive noticed in the new posts list on the forum page that there are no posts concerning our porpose here. This is the page guests see when they log into our forum. If there are no survival related posts to display for them it may not represent us in a good manner.

Lets not forget why were here. We need some good content on a daily bases that represents a survival related topic. Please try to add a new topic of survival related discussion or add to an existing topic when you can. When guests come to this site thats what they expect to see.

Im happy to see new faces here and see the active partcipation of our members so keep having fun here but try to add to the content when you can.

Thank you everyone for being here.

Swede

I think that we have gone overbored a little on Off Topic concerns. 

I don't think we've gone sooo overboard but I agree, it may be disheartening for a guest to see 4 off topic items and 1 on topic when they first view the site.

Without programming, I don't think this can be avoided.

We can make a rule where members can only post about on topic items but then our members wouldn't enjoy themselves and wouldn't stay with the site so it wouldn't matter how many new guests we're getting because we'd lose content adding members with tons of experience.

It's just how the site works, new topics go on the front page... by chance those new topics are sometimes 4/5 off topic or all off topic but that's not the majority and if a person was really interested in learning about the things we talk about then they are most likely going to explore the whole of the site...

Don't get me wrong, I agree we sometimes have less outdoors stuff to talk about and we continue to keep alive with the online community we've joined by posting day to day stuff but that's what keeps our online community strong.

A way to fix this is to program all Off Topic threads to not post on the new topics table...

Hope this helps,

Brad

I think I can make the script to avoid off-topic category from the recent topics script, but then again thats the purpose of that script: to have the recent topics there, I use that alot to navigate to the forum.

I think I can make the script to avoid off-topic category from the recent topics script, but then again thats the purpose of that script: to have the recent topics there, I use that alot to navigate to the forum.

Me too! That is how i find all the new stuff, but i guess maybe if you did that and blocked off topic from being viewed as new posts it wouldnt be that bad just to click on off topic.

If we disclose that off topic discussions are not posted in the new topics section, people should be able to follow through.

Oh well I guess the best would be to make sure at least one survival related post is on the latest post page.

The guests can see the entire board .

Never mind  cool14.gif