WildSurvive Forum
Rockhounder

Best Campfire Coffee Maker

beleive it or not some of the best coffee i make is basically 75% five oclock (red bag) coffee i buy at wal mart cut with a dark roast or french roast for the other 25 %  buy a grinder and mix up your own. you can make the perfect blend with a little practice. Long live the coffee gods! hoohaa!

Dunkin' Donuts brand, Chock full o' nuts, Peet's coffee, Snicker Hoodle brand off the Hoodlums online store. I used to keep a jar of Sanka in my desk at work thats as close to heroin as I ever want to get.

I have tried and do not like chickory.  

Here's what I've been using.  I just put a piece of 550 cord with a cord lock on my stainless guyot bottle to hold a coffee filter.  I also use it to filter out big particles before boiling/treating water.

That's what i used to do. The Gsi just makes it Easyer and didn't take up much more room than a couple filters and it didn't use filters. I always put a coffee filter on my intake hose of my sweetwater gaurdian water purifyer. It gets me about half again the life of each filter.

I just make cowboy coffee. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat and throw in the coffee w a pinch of salt. No filters to dispose of or pack out.

I know it sounds cave man but I put a handful of coffee in a camp pot(backpack size) and boil it. Once the grounds settle in a couple of minutes it's good to go. It really is good coffee,just have to spit out some grounds sometimes, but that kinda adds to the experience.

That's what i used to do. The Gsi just makes it Easyer and didn't take up much more room than a couple filters and it didn't use filters. I always put a coffee filter on my intake hose of my sweetwater gaurdian water purifyer. It gets me about half again the life of each filter.

That's  a really good idea Razor, as soon as I get my new purifier you can bet I will do the same! 

Has anyone tried this? Starbucks columbia instant. Lightweight individual packets, boil water, add stir.

I don't like any instant coffee, a salesperson at Starbucks in Wash DC told me about this,

as we did not want the hotel room coffee. I kept telling her no, not interested, she finally talked me into

trying it, and it is good.  Great for camping, bobags, car survival bag, easy. I was surprised, I don't drink instant,

but I can drink this.

Thanks Tah. Im an instant coffee drinker. Tasters Choice with Hazelnut creamer.  :thumbup:

Here's what I've been using.  I just put a piece of 550 cord with a cord lock on my stainless guyot bottle to hold a coffee filter.  I also use it to filter out big particles before boiling/treating water.

Thanks for this post Snow Walker, I am going to add a few to all the various gear stashes.