Jump to content
WildSurvive Forum
Rockhounder

Best Campfire Coffee Maker

Recommended Posts

beleive it or not some of the best coffee i make is basically 75% five oclock (red bag) coffee i buy at wal mart cut with a dark roast or french roast for the other 25 %  buy a grinder and mix up your own. you can make the perfect blend with a little practice. Long live the coffee gods! hoohaa!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunkin' Donuts brand, Chock full o' nuts, Peet's coffee, Snicker Hoodle brand off the Hoodlums online store. I used to keep a jar of Sanka in my desk at work thats as close to heroin as I ever want to get.

 

I have tried and do not like chickory.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what I've been using.  I just put a piece of 550 cord with a cord lock on my stainless guyot bottle to hold a coffee filter.  I also use it to filter out big particles before boiling/treating water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what i used to do. The Gsi just makes it Easyer and didn't take up much more room than a couple filters and it didn't use filters. I always put a coffee filter on my intake hose of my sweetwater gaurdian water purifyer. It gets me about half again the life of each filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just make cowboy coffee. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat and throw in the coffee w a pinch of salt. No filters to dispose of or pack out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it sounds cave man but I put a handful of coffee in a camp pot(backpack size) and boil it. Once the grounds settle in a couple of minutes it's good to go. It really is good coffee,just have to spit out some grounds sometimes, but that kinda adds to the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what i used to do. The Gsi just makes it Easyer and didn't take up much more room than a couple filters and it didn't use filters. I always put a coffee filter on my intake hose of my sweetwater gaurdian water purifyer. It gets me about half again the life of each filter.

That's  a really good idea Razor, as soon as I get my new purifier you can bet I will do the same! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried this? Starbucks columbia instant. Lightweight individual packets, boil water, add stir.

I don't like any instant coffee, a salesperson at Starbucks in Wash DC told me about this,

as we did not want the hotel room coffee. I kept telling her no, not interested, she finally talked me into

trying it, and it is good.  Great for camping, bobags, car survival bag, easy. I was surprised, I don't drink instant,

but I can drink this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Tah. Im an instant coffee drinker. Tasters Choice with Hazelnut creamer.  :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what I've been using.  I just put a piece of 550 cord with a cord lock on my stainless guyot bottle to hold a coffee filter.  I also use it to filter out big particles before boiling/treating water.

Thanks for this post Snow Walker, I am going to add a few to all the various gear stashes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×