WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gearjunky

Military gear, questions?

If you have any questions or gear picks post them hear coming soon is "acus or bdus" and "why military gear" and many more to come

yeah actually i have one,

i have a military canteen, as well as the steel cup that it fits into.

i have a thing to hold my canteen in, and it attaches with alice clips to your belt, or whatever.

but im looking for a case that holds both the cup and the canteen, and preferably that just has a shoulder strap, but thats not needed because i can just make a shoulder strap for it.

is there such a thing or should i just make it entirely from scratch?

i realize there are different models from different countries, here is the pic of the kind i have

626_tn.jpg

I haven't seen one made like you want, Crazy Stick, but that doesn't mean there isn't one out there. I would guess that it may just be easier to make the strap. I've got the same kind of canteen and cover you have, and an old Boy Scout 2-quart canteen.  From carrying the bigger canteen, let me just say that if you do make a strap, make it WIDE and maybe even cushioned.  That canteen weighed a bit when full, and the strap always dug into me.  The smaller military one may not be so bad, though.

i just wonder why they would have the canteen, the cup, and even that little stove thing that all goes around the canteen and not have a way to carry it all. maybe they would just have it in their pack.

i thought i heard from soemone that sombody has a 'carrier' that even lets you take the cup out without having to take out the canteen. but maybe i was hallucinating....

Askdamice had a carrier for both the cup and canteen with a strap but you could also clip it on your belt if i remember correctly. Currently i have some commercial one i think USA model but its just like my old Canadian army issue one. Back then i had a canteen pouch that held the canteen and cup that then attached to my webbing oh my did that stuff suck. Later I got much improved cadpad tactical vest that had a pouch for the both but in both cases it was pain in the arse to get the tin cup out.

ok crazy is it the issued canteen and cup thats desind for it? it should hav eno problem with the LC-2 case it should fit it fine. is it a cheaper than dirt item? make the strap out of paracord.But the LC-2 case is ment for the canteenand the cup and may only work with the issue gear. go to uscav they have issued canteens for $1.50 i think and the case is under 10.00

gearjunky, I have a question! :wave:  What kind of mess kit would you recommend that I buy for my 7-year-old nephew? 

gearjunky, I have a question! :wave:  What kind of mess kit would you recommend that I buy for my 7-year-old nephew? 

well if its for real campin then get a aluminum one if you wan ta good one i suggest that you get a stanless steel one

Well the H- type suspenders you posted are for A.L.I.C.E. web belts. If you have those suspenders buy yourself a alice pistol belt. I bet you butt pack is MOLLE though. So to attach it you will need alice clips. But the buttpack looks large. Tighten the staps of the lbe suspends up to it doesnt hit you in the butt. But do to the size of the pack it will hit you every time I think

Guest smallgamehunter

i have an alice belt and alice clips come with it when i bought it even though u are correct it is a molle butt pack. it does hit me in the butt alot but i was figuring that the suspenders would lessen that just a lil bit.

btw im a former dc 3 so i do know some about this gear just need second opinoin thanks for the help and ill let u know how it turns out