WildSurvive Forum
Swede

Survivorman on tonight

I don't think he said that. He might have gotten some of it off his pack.

Oh, and...

Fear the  :pray: Cordage-vines!!  :pray:  :curse:

After watching the show again I didnt see him bring cordage. Bear Grylls must have brought some for him.  :yes:

They probably edited the part out where he made cordage because of time constraints.  Too bad, because I would have liked to see what material he used.

Guest Lead Dog

After watching the show again I didnt see him bring cordage. Bear Grylls must have brought some for him.  :yes:

:rofll:

Whatever the material, the cordage was diffinately homemade vines of some sort. And while knowning how to make cordage is interesting, doing it is rather tedious... :o  Woulda put me right ta sleep. :)

I must say that this show is one of my favorite's on television right now but if they continue to show him saying "I might just have to give up" I may re-think that.

On one hand, I like that it shows him to be human and fallable but on the other I watch the show to give instructions on what he and others could do if put into that situation and what others cannot due it call their medical team and give up... They've got to find a way to survive.

That's my only pickle with it.

Just edit it out editing team. C'mon.

Guest taken by the wind...

~ maybe I can watch it tonight. I missed it Friday.

The first season was better, as he gave a little more information and tips. If you've seen the Amazon episode, I thought it was a little short of my expectations. But, cant wait to see the Labrador (sp?) episode!

Labrador on tonight.  :thumbsup:  Im told Les runs into some trouble in this episode (I think) and instead of faking it he owns up.

Our members Lead Dog and Gearjunky are our mushers and Im looking forward to their input on the dog sled part of this show.  scared011.gif

Guest Lead Dog

I'm looking forward to this episode.  Some dogs will run for strangers and some won't.  It will be trouble if his dogs don't want to pull for him or don't see him as the boss.  We'll see if he gets the dogs to hold the gangline tight!

I'm never a big fan of the snow episodes but I am looking forward to this one...

Living in a hot state like Florida keeps you from liking the snow ones ;)

I can imagine myself with the dangers of the amazon or the desert but I find it hard to relate to the snow ones.

Guest Lead Dog

You don't have to travel far to encounter snow.  You could be hiking with the family in Smokies or some other mountainous terrain when you get pinned down by a snowstorm.  You can't pick and choose your own survival situations.  ;)

Gandar, who knows?  With the crazy weather we've been having, Florida may be in a snow zone someday! :P

You don't have to travel far to encounter snow.  You could be hiking with the family in Smokies or some other mountainous terrain when you get pinned down by a snowstorm.  You can't pick and choose your own survival situations.  ;)

Yeah I know LD but you see, I've never travelled out of florida except to go to the bahamas (guess I watched too much Gilligan's Island and liked it).

OMG Gandar you mean to tell me you've never been in the woods while big fluffy snow flakes are falling straight down? You can hear the hiss of the flakes hitting the ground. You hold your face up and catch flakes on your tongue. Thats the most beautiful thing in nature. The woods take on a whole different feeling almost spiritual. Poor fellow.  :nono:  :(

OMG Gandar you mean to tell me you've never been in the woods while big fluffy snow flakes are falling straight down? You can hear the hiss of the flakes hitting the ground. You hold your face up and catch flakes on your tongue. Thats the most beautiful thing in nature. The woods take on a whole different feeling almost spiritual. Poor fellow.  :nono:  :(

Hehe, nope. Neither me nor my wife have ever been graced with the true sight of snow. Here in FL when it reaches the lowest of 40's we get something called "jack frost". It's more hail than anything else.

We do plan to change this in the future sometime and Holly's right, with the weather patterns changing so drastically in some placed, we may just get snow in FL.

I like tonight's show.  It's not his usual going out with nothing episode.  Very good.  Something a bit different.

I agree Dave, we are really enjoying it thus far.