WildSurvive Forum
bestseller92

Do you trust your intuition?

I always look at the walls of a new school when I first walk in. If I see lots of Fist suits in various sizes on the walls and smell old sweat, I always take to be positive signs. Along with practice knives and Air soft pistols, and a well used first aid kit. :-)

Regards, Jim

Ps: "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle"

"You will fight like you've trained"

Askdamice, Thanks for answering my questions. If I may, part of learning to defend yourself, is learning about who you really are, inside. Inflated egos need to be taught humility. You should always respect your teacher. Regards, Jim

Situational awareness - pay attention to what is going on around you.  In an urban environment, this is crucial in keeping yourself safe.  You will naturally notice something out of the ordinary, such as someone looking at you (sizing you up, evaluating you as a possible target) if you let yourself.  For example, if you have changed your focus to sending a text message as you walk down the street, you mask what your senses are telling you. Someone evaluating you as a possible target will know this as well.

The same applies when you are in the woods.  If you let your mind pay attention to your surroundings, you will pick up on many more clues available.  Consciously paying attention enhances what you observe.  For me, this not only helps keep myself safe, but also allows me to see many more things that I would otherwise miss, such as tracks, the snap of a wig, a bird calling an alarm or the absence of animals acting normally (birds getting quiet, for example).