WildSurvive Forum

Finally got around to doing a few things for myself. A firepouch, a possibles bag, a hawk sheath and a I'm in the process of a new knife.

Rick

newkitpic.jpg

insidebag.jpg

I'm excited about this knife. Because of the leaf-shaped blade, it has a little meat to it and is a good chopper. The blade is differentially heat treated. The edge is hard along with the face of the spine(to use as a flint striker)... while the body and handle are softer to allow for flex, making it very strong. Woo-hoo!

newleafknife.jpg

And a pic of my helper, Magnus.

Magnus.jpg

Wonderful work Rick! The bag, fire pouch and sheath look great. Good start on the blade, whatcha gonna use for scales?

Very cool, Askdamice! :thumbsup:  I can't wait until we get our "store" set up!  Too bad you won't sell me one of your helpers! LOL!  He is adorable! :hug:  My "helper" is going to be 17 years old soon. :scared:

Thanks guys n gals,

Mr C.... The handle scales for the knife are going to be stabilized birch burl. (Kinda looks like cork).

Holly.... The helper is not for sale, however... If you lived closer my wife and i would love to lend him out for a couple of days!!! :woot:

Rick

Update...

had a little time to mess around with the "Leaf Blade" knife...... still in the developement stages.... haven't decided on handle yet ... cordwrapped for cutting tests....

Leafblade.jpg

Leafblade2.jpg