WildSurvive Forum
Holly

Taken by the wind and Holly - Going Camping Together! - October 5th

Not for me, gearjunky! :nono:  Because everytime I roll over, which is like a hundred times a night, cold air rushes in around my neck and shoulders and then down inside my sleeping bag.  I'm too claustrophobic to use a mummy bag.  So, I have to bundle up!

The main thing to remember is to listen for the banjo's.  If you hike into an area where you hear banjo's,  :unsure:    quietly and carefully just back out of there! 

The main thing to remember is to listen for the banjo's.  If you hike into an area where you hear banjo's,  :unsure:    quietly and carefully just back out of there! 

:scared: 

i'd take a lot of instant soup ...buy some toast bread(normal bread goes bad fast...) i usually take some fishing equipment...adn if you can ...take a little bottle of gas...it helps a lot !

Okay, I did some more online research and Black Mountain will not do at all. :nono:  There are no showers there and everybody knows that girls do NOT get all dirty or sweaty or yucky.  So, I found another campground about 22 miles south of Asheville in Brevard, NC.  I'm going up there next Saturday to check it out and to take pictures.  If Taken thinks it looks okay, I'll go ahead and make our reservations.  I am so excited about this! :thumbsup:

No way, Survivordan! :woot:  We gotta do shampoo, conditioner, soap, moisturizer, body lotion, all that stuff! 

On second thought...Taken and I have been watching "Survivorman" for at least a year and a half now.  And we have been listening to and learning from all the wonderful tips and advice from everyone on our forum...from how to get a fire started to setting traps to catch small game. 

I really don't see why Taken and I can't forget about powder-puff camping and instead, head out for the wilderness with nothing more than a backpack and a sleeping bag, and successfully survive for three days.  I think we have the knowledge and the skills necessary to do it.

What do YOU think?

(Taken, I think we can do it! :thumbsup:)

Spark based fire using only natural resources.  Most people don't do this, they use char cloth and cotton balls.....whatever.....but alot don't use only what they can find in the bush. 

Observation.....go hiking just with the purpose of looking for things you could use. 

Container making.....bark or coal burned.

Throwing sticks......they are just fun to chuck at things.

Camp cooking.....of course! 

If it was me I would go for the back to nature thing and not the hard core build your own shelter type camping. If you put too much work into it you wont have as much time to enjoy the outdoor experiance. Late season camping is my favorite. Less bugs and people. Concentrate on being as comfortable as possible. Remember fire wood can be a problem in public camping areas. Concentrate on making a comfortable sleeping quarters and your campfire meals.

If you want to hike and explore make a game of seeing different animals birds or edible foods. Find some water to drink things like that. Than come back to your camp. Things will look totally different after the sun goes down and you start hearing serial rapists sneaking around in the brush.  :scared:

If you want to feel more secure at night I suggest you do the SURVIVOR GUY trick of stringing monofilmint fish string around your campsite. Prop up the string along the way about knee high and completely circle your camp. I would take a fishing reel to make this job easier. Lock the reel and set in on something that will make a loud noise if tripped. Oh and try to remember it in the night as you make the trip to the little girls room.

If you want to feel more secure at night I suggest you do the SURVIVOR GUY trick of stringing monofilmint fish string around your campsite. Prop up the string along the way about knee high and completely circle your camp. I would take a fishing reel to make this job easier. Lock the reel and set in on something that will make a loud noise if tripped. Oh and try to remember it in the night as you make the trip to the little girls room.

Very good idea. Bells or a light drag on the reel work great.

Ummm...guys?  I sleep like the dead.  I'm going to need something that will light up and make a lot of noise.  Any suggestions?

Guest taken by the wind...

~ having all that stuff strung around your camp just makes you look like a victim. We'll just buy a big ole pair of size 14 mens hunting boots, throw some hunting gear around... an empty case of beer, Play Freebird by Leonard Skynard real loud on a CD player, all night...  Stick a sign on our cooler that says "Go ahead, Make my Day" , bumper stickers on our car that say "Warning tailgaters Tobacco chewer on Board" and "REAL MEN WELD"  or "Happiness is a warm Gut pile"   :smoke:   nobody's gonna mess with us.  happy097.gif

xrg061125rz2.gif      xrg2906125ra3.gif

How do you know their not looking for a man? Didnt you ever see Deliverance.   :scared:   love072.gif

WEEE WEEE WEEEE

How do you know their not looking for a man? Didnt you ever see Deliverance. :scared: love072.gif

~ If they are, they won't be looking for some big ole hunting Leonard Skynard listening to, DRUNK redneck with a gun, now will they? :smoke:

They'll take a look at that boot size, and reconsider their choice... :whistle: (just in case the tables get turned on them) :woot: :rofl:

(I've thought this out, swede.) LOL

We may have some drunk redneck chicks with too-tight spandex tube tops on, (bought at Walmart)  rebel yelling ouside our tent...(wanting to meet the man with the boots) But Holly can takem'. :box:

~ perfect Holly...  :smoke:  (I got the CD and the empty case of beer.)

LOL!

With OUR luck, people will hear us laughing for miles around and they'll think we're having a huge party and before we know it, we'll have fifty people crashing in our tent! :woot:

~ well...  you better bring the BIG tent then...  8|

happy097.gif