WildSurvive Forum
bestseller92

What new guns are on your wish list?

hell yeah! if i had a glock

LOL ...if you can't hit what you are trying to shoot with 15 rounds, should you really be shooting???

Does ANYONE honestly need a 33 round mag for a Glock?

"Despite the perception that Mr. Obama is anti-gun rights (gun shop owners say fear of his policies drives strong gun sales), he has repeatedly reaffirmed the right to bear arms. Indeed, the only gun-control laws he has signed as president have been to expand gun rights – allowing guns on national park lands and Amtrak trains. He also said this year that “hunting and shooting are part of a cherished national heritage."

whats it matter if i hunt with a single shot bolt action remington 700 or a gun that looks like it came from a movie. thats the lunacy of it all to me. assault weapons are fully automatic so millions of guns that are not assault weapons are labeled falsely as being such just because they "look" like another weapon.  and i never said the word obama or romnney or president in any statement. just posted an observation i read about.

LOL ...if you can't hit what you are trying to shoot with 15 rounds, should you really be shooting???

you mean there is a limet to how many holes to put into a peice of paper at the gun range ????

you mean there is a limet to how many holes to put into a peice of paper at the gun range ????

lol Mine has a little button I push, the empty mag drops and I put in another....repeat as needed.  A little common sense should come into play at some point.

whats it matter if i hunt with a single shot bolt action remington 700 or a gun that looks like it came from a movie. thats the lunacy of it all to me. assault weapons are fully automatic so millions of guns that are not assault weapons are labeled falsely as being such just because they "look" like another weapon.  and i never said the word obama or romnney or president in any statement. just posted an observation i read about.

I think a lot of that has to do with the press distorting whatever they find to sensationalize things.

lol Mine has a little button I push, the empty mag drops and I put in another....repeat as needed.  A little common sense should come into play at some point.

i dont like huge magazines in my pistols, they are awkword and unbalanced. i just dont like someone telling me im only allowed to have 10 rounds. when my gun holds 16. oh  and i hate reloading, it kills 2 seconds of my shooting time. lol  some things are just for fun.

I think a lot of that has to do with the press distorting whatever they find to sensationalize things.

that is a very true statement. the press has a way of feeding histeria to the masses of the uniformed.

that is a very true statement. the press has a way of feeding histeria to the masses of the uniformed.

It is interesting, and in many cases, amusing to see an original statement, then follow it through the various "channels" to see how it is turned, twisted, distorted to serves whatever purpose they have for the day (or hour).

It is interesting, and in many cases, amusing to see an original statement, then follow it through the various "channels" to see how it is turned, twisted, distorted to serves whatever purpose they have for the day (or hour).

i love how the media can take a statement so out of context and manipulate it to the point of absurdity and then people will consider it gospel without so much as a little research. 

Let's police ourselves on some of the political stuff, guys.  Swede has asked us not to post this sort of stuff.

Now, back on topic:  I really want a Ruger SR1911.  They're in such high demand that I still haven't so much as seen one.

I think I have decided I want a Remington 597hb. Then I can deck it out. It's between that and a Ruger 10/22  Prolly go for which ever one I can get cheaper.

I think I have decided I want a Remington 597hb. Then I can deck it out. It's between that and a Ruger 10/22  Prolly go for which ever one I can get cheaper.

ive played with the Remington 597 in 17hmr and was very unimpressive. it jammed every other round and the accuracy was mediocre even with the great little 17hmr round. i dont know if it is anything like the 22 cal version but id avoid it if it was me. i have a ruger 10/22 bull barrel target version with a wood stock i payed about 3 bones for. its hyper accurate, reliable as a a clock and the rugers have 10 bazillion stock and accessory options. it would be my first choice in semi auto. but i love my bolt action marlin with hb and micro groove rifling. best damn 22 ive ever owned.

I have a savage 17 with the thumb hole and a hb and it's the best shooting gun I own. I've been looking at different versions of the 10/22. I was just trying to get around paying that much for one. I guess it will be worth it if I need it though. I've never heard a bad thing about one. Thanks for the info.

What about the new breakdown version of the 10/22?  I'm pretty interested in one of those.

I've heard both good and bad about the breakdowns.  People have told me that you have to be very careful with the screw in the stock because it really effects accuracy. 

I just bought a Savage Mark II GL bolt action .22 and I love it.  Even though I've only put 10 rounds through it so far... :(

I think for my next gun I want a CZ75 or 85B.  Or maybe a Rock Island Armory 1911 in 9mm...

I have to get a new Hi Power. The wife confiscated my Mk.3. I want a Mk.1 anyway,but she is never going to get to shoot the 1911.

Ruger seems to have solved the problem with accuracy with the way they've got their barrel adjustment.  I'm pretty interested in them, but I've got 1911 fever--again!  ::)

I need to get an AR platform, but I'm still debating on which one.  I can only afford one for the time being.  Part of me wants something small and light in 5.56, another part of me wants something a little heavier in 7.62.  I love the idea of the modular systems (like the newest colt LE 901), but by the time you build it out, you could just have 2 separate purpose built AR's for the same price or cheaper.

Decisions decisions