WildSurvive Forum
bestseller92

What new guns are on your wish list?

How.....????

buddy of mine bought a brand new mosquito and it always fails to feed on the 3rd shot we tried multiple mags and sent it back to Sig with no improvement also tried 6 different .22 lr same results

Did you try hotter loads.  I've seen two mosquitos that were not reliable with the cheep bulk ammo but ran fine with premium ammo.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

buddy of mine bought a brand new mosquito and it always fails to feed on the 3rd shot we tried multiple mags and sent it back to Sig with no improvement also tried 6 different .22 lr same results

I have a walther p-22. its the same way. they even say in the owners manual that its recommended to use high velocity loads. mine will jamb up ever 2-4 rounds with cheap federal walmart loads but runs flawlessly on anything high velocity. I shoot thunderbolts threw it. there quite accurate to.

I have a walther p-22. its the same way. they even say in the owners manual that its recommended to use high velocity loads. mine will jamb up ever 2-4 rounds with cheap federal walmart loads but runs flawlessly on anything high velocity. I shoot thunderbolts threw it. there quite accurate to.

i started my wife on a p22 she loved it i found it fun but a little small for my bear par sized hands. i don't remember what he shot threw it but im pretty sure there was one high velocity in there. Oh while on the subject of teaching new shooters in looking for a .380 my wife's ready for something a little stronger

The new Henry survival rifle.

guntestschartvm0.gif

I have one and love it , it's the kind of gun that keep shooting no matter what you do to it. Not only that but it's accuracy is darn good for what it is. With just a little cleaning and  lite oiling it shoots and shoots and shoots.

i started my wife on a p22 she loved it i found it fun but a little small for my bear par sized hands. i don't remember what he shot threw it but im pretty sure there was one high velocity in there. Oh while on the subject of teaching new shooters in looking for a .380 my wife's ready for something a little stronger

there are a couple threads on here for new shooters. id look there first.  I personally would go with a 9mm. 380 is expensive and the guns that shoot it can be finicky. mostly she needs something that fits her hand well, has a good trigger reach short enough for her. all the notable brands that have been around for a while have decent pistols. try before you buy is the best advice. but if you cant have her hold as many different ones as possible to see what feels right.

Yep, my wife was SUPER picky, handled dozens of pistols and didn't like any of them.  Shot another 7 or 8 and still didn't like any of them.  Then picked up an xD Sub Compact 9mm at Sheils and her face just lit up.  She was like, "This is the one".  So I bought it on the spot (because I'd been waiting for that moment for several years LOL), and we took it to the range, she loved it.  Then once I tried it, I was so impressed I bought one for myself.    The xD does an awesome job with recoil and is a dream to shoot. But everyone is different.  Play with as many as she can get her hands on.  The great thing about pistols is the resale value is high enough that you can "Buy and Try" and not lose out on much money.    Could almost chalk it up to a "Rental fee"  ;) :hugegrin: :hugegrin:

there are a couple threads on here for new shooters. id look there first.  I personally would go with a 9mm. 380 is expensive and the guns that shoot it can be finicky. mostly she needs something that fits her hand well, has a good trigger reach short enough for her. all the notable brands that have been around for a while have decent pistols. try before you buy is the best advice. but if you cant have her hold as many different ones as possible to see what feels right.

Here's that thread:  http://www.wildsurvive.com/outdoor-camping-forum/index.php/topic,4916.0.html

Speaking of whats on my wishlist.  I am really wanting to get my hands on some of the double stack 1911's.  Want to try them out and see how they fit.  Para P14-45 or one of the STI's  Of course, I'd need to get it all done up by Salient Arms to make it really purdy.  :hugegrin:

Speaking of whats on my wishlist.  I am really wanting to get my hands on some of the double stack 1911's.  Want to try them out and see how they fit.  Para P14-45 or one of the STI's  Of course, I'd need to get it all done up by Salient Arms to make it really purdy.  :hugegrin:

ok i have a .357 mag revolver on my list Ben thinking a smith& wesson 686 with the 3 or 4 " barel i can't remember the length options. Any better options

Better options?  It really depends on if you plan on keeping it for the trail, for home defense, hunting or target shooting.  For most uses the 3 or 4" barrels are best, but if you want to seriously hunt or target shoot look at the 6" barrel.  You'll play hob finding much of anything else in the 686's. 

I finally managed to scrape and scrounge and save up the money.  Today I ordered a Ruger SR1911 from Kentucky Gun Company in Bardstown, Ky.  It should be on the way to the local gun shop in a few days.

One thing to consider on double stack pistols. That was intended (Browning Hi Power) to address the need for possible multiple hits in a single target. A .45 is not generally thought to be a caliber needing multiple hits.

I had the para ordnance p-16 (high capacity 40 caliber) 1911. Great for competition. A bit heavy for carry.  And even in my big hands id have to cant the gun a bit to hit the slide stop. If I cant deal with a threat with 9 rounds of .45... then im doing something wrong. 

Unless of course your threat consists of a gang of 3 or more attackers as one example.  Even highly trained combatants with years of combat experience and multiple gunfights under their belts have been known to fire off 6 to 15 rounds and not score enough stop shots to put a single attacker down, (5 center mass hits still don't guarantee a critical stop hit) let alone multiples.  This can be mitigated somewhat with additional mags, but there is still a time differential changing mags.  Personally (And this is just me),  I'd rather have 16 rounds in the gun than 7 plus a spare mag of 7 as in the typical .45 1911.    But that's me.  To each his own.  I like the idea of the Hi-Cap 1911's, But my large hands make it easy to handle.  If I had smaller hands, than I'd have to say no.    Whatever fits and is comfortable and you can shoot it well and covers you for what you feel you need is exactly what you should carry.    There are no guarantees in life, and I can't guarantee I can put 2 center mass heart shots and 1 brain shot on each of 3 attackers with 9 rounds in an adrenalin filled 4 seconds.  So I like to have a few extras in the mag, just in case.  Like they say, it can't hurt to have it and not need it but it sure can hurt to need it and not have it.

Thats why I like the 45. I dont need two rounds . Besides. Another 100 million to one chance scenario would be a meteor falling from the sky.  I can send it back into orbit with my trusty .45.  :P  you are right.  Carry what your comfortable with. Im confident in my skills and feel more comfortable with 9 .45 rounds than I would with 15 9mm.

My unscientific study has found if I'm at a GSW and there is one spent .45 case on the floor there is nothing in my bag of tricks that's going to be the difference,try as I may they have usually already left the building.