WildSurvive Forum
bestseller92

What new guns are on your wish list?

Whoa...hold the phone....did Razor just say something about a Glock being a "highly reliable pistol"????  (Yeah, we haven't had a good "Glock fight" in a while.  lol).

Looks good. I will be interested in hearing how it works for you (and maybe even running a few rounds through it).

Nope, didn't make it out there. Did they actually have any in yet?

I am hearing the first runs were a little rough (the slide did not get lubed correctly during production). A simply cleaning and lube takes care of it.

I didn't fully look at the ad until I got home so I didn't know they had them until later.

I have been up at 4:45 the last two days to go to clinicals so I slept until 9 this morning.  Then when I got up and got out of the shower I saw I had an email from Gander about I sale.  I remembered thinking that they should be having a sale with ammo again soon so I skimmed quick for ammo and there it was!  Slapped some clothes on and drove like a bat out of hell down there lol. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll go check it out and see if they have any.  I know my dad was interested in them too.

PS- You should always clean a new gun before you shoot it anyways.  I'd say 50-75% of the people that came into Gander that had problems with their new guns were because they didn't clean them first.  There can be grease, metal shavings, and other gunk stuffed in a new gun that all should be cleaned out first and replaced with a fresh layer of oil.

I didn't fully look at the ad until I got home so I didn't know they had them until later.

I have been up at 4:45 the last two days to go to clinicals so I slept until 9 this morning.  Then when I got up and got out of the shower I saw I had an email from Gander about I sale.  I remembered thinking that they should be having a sale with ammo again soon so I skimmed quick for ammo and there it was!  Slapped some clothes on and drove like a bat out of hell down there lol. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll go check it out and see if they have any.  I know my dad was interested in them too.

PS- You should always clean a new gun before you shoot it anyways.  I'd say 50-75% of the people that came into Gander that had problems with their new guns were because they didn't clean them first.  There can be grease, metal shavings, and other gunk stuffed in a new gun that all should be cleaned out first and replaced with a fresh layer of oil.

LOL Yeah, you are completely right about cleaning a new gun before shooting it. It is amazing that some of the people out there posting reviews on the R51 haven't figured that out.

One guy even complained that it hurt his hand. Another bitched when he was holding it with his thumb up high on the back of the slide and *gasp* it scraped his thumb when he fired.

LOL Yeah, you are completely right about cleaning a new gun before shooting it. It is amazing that some of the people out there posting reviews on the R51 haven't figured that out.

One guy even complained that it hurt his hand. Another bitched when he was holding it with his thumb up high on the back of the slide and *gasp* it scraped his thumb when he fired.

LMAO, I did that ONCE, never again...

I had this dumb ass come in once to gander and complain that his gun wasn't working.  Wouldn't shoot.  (It was a cheapie 500$ 1911).  Took it all apart, it was full of gunk and powder residue.  Asked him if he cleaned it. 

"Well no, I thought these things were good forever, just keep shooting". 

LMAO, I did that ONCE, never again...

I had this dumb ass come in once to gander and complain that his gun wasn't working.  Wouldn't shoot.  (It was a cheapie 500$ 1911).  Took it all apart, it was full of gunk and powder residue.  Asked him if he cleaned it. 

"Well no, I thought these things were good forever, just keep shooting". 

"Ahhhh...I dunno, muh car just kinda stopped....what...gas? Ya means I gotta put more gas in it??"

And these clowns are walking around in public unattended.

"Ahhhh...I dunno, muh car just kinda stopped....what...gas? Ya means I gotta put more gas in it??"

And these clowns are walking around in public unattended.

Almost as scary as the guy that came in drunk trying to buy a gun.

Had quite a few gangsters coming in...  "Yo man, you need THIS gun, no one will f*** with ya them bro!  Nawhatimsayin?"  Then when I asked him if he wanted ammo for his gun "What the hell you think I'm gonna be doin bro?  Shooting people?"

Or the old man that had a mini stroke while filling out his paper work... 

Whoa...hold the phone....did Razor just say something about a Glock being a "highly reliable pistol"????  (Yeah, we haven't had a good "Glock fight" in a while.  lol).

Looks good. I will be interested in hearing how it works for you (and maybe even running a few rounds through it).

:D I never said they weren't reliable,  this is the m&p pro model.  it has a custom tuned trigger threw the S&W performance center. ive shot the 45cal version and they do shoot great. only thing I didn't like on it was the trigger. but then im atunned to super clean single action triggers.  this is still a striker fired pistol and will never have a trigger like a 1911 but  out of everything I tried (stock models) xD, glock, m&p, beretta. it had the best trigger, short take up, good break and short reset. and the grip feels fantastic in my hand with whatever stock backstrap comes on it.

Ended up getting it today.  They gave me 5% off, so it was only 400 bucks.  Best price I could find anywhere on it so we went with it!  I'll post a picture in a bit. 

This should be a great gun for her to start trap shooting and maybe do some hunting as well. 

I also knew this was a good choice for her because when she holds it she isn't leaning WAY back like normal. She actually has proper form with it which is great!

Well she's not that good of a shot so I shouldn't have to worry too much lol

Bird shot can cover a large area....lol.

I wouldn't mind getting a new 16 guage. I just bought a new 308 for deer hunting a few months ago.

The 308 is a good round Greene.

My gun I used before was a .300 savage. It was a great gun except for the fact that it was lever action.