WildSurvive Forum
bestseller92

What new guns are on your wish list?

KB: Elvis once spent $37,000 (in the 1970s) in one trip to a Memphis gun shop.

Oh, to be King! LOL

:rofl:

Heck, if I were to win the lottery, I would have to buy a new HOUSE to store all the new guns!  :woot:

Here's my BRAND NEW Smith & Wesson Model 642 Airweight, .38Spl +P!  Just right for the front pocket of my pants or shorts.  I swapped my S&W Model 66 (about 14 yrs old) for it.  Swapped even, no boot!  I figured the 66 was worth about $300.00 and the price on the 642 was $400.00.  I think I did OK!  :hugegrin:

The last couple weeks I have been considering purchasing a 22 rifle.  I'm not sure what I'll get. I miss my Ruger 10/22.  Maybe one of those Henry Arms survival .22's.  Not sure yet.  I question the accuracy of any gun that has a barrel that unscrews.  Any suggestions for a 22 rifle?

The last couple weeks I have been considering purchasing a 22 rifle.  I'm not sure what I'll get. I miss my Ruger 10/22.  Maybe one of those Henry Arms survival .22's.  Not sure yet.  I question the accuracy of any gun that has a barrel that unscrews.  Any suggestions for a 22 rifle?

The Henry .22 AR-7 survival rifle fits me pretty poorly.  I have a hard time getting my eye down to the rear aperature sight (big face?), I just can't get a comfortable cheek/stock weld.  I've never shot one, so I can't attest to their accuracy. 

On the other hand, Marlin has the Papoose.  It won't tuck into it's own stock, but it does break down for packing.  If I were looking for accuracy and reliability over compactness, I'd probably get the Marlin.  I think it costs more, but I don't know off the top of my head what either costs.

marlin70pssrf1.jpg

Price: $222.99

Manufacturer: MARLIN FIREARMS CO                  p036398ii01oa8.jpg

Manufacturer Item #: 70PSS

Impact Item #: 026495077204

Out of stock, accepting orders.

If you like to take a rifle with you when you're backpacking, boating, four-wheeling or just taking a hike, the Model 70PSS, with its 7-shot clip magazine, is a natural for you. You can take it apart or put it together in a matter of seconds.

This all-weather version of the famous "Papoose" enjoys the versatility of stainless steel construction, combined with a rugged fiberglass-filled black polycarbonate stock.

It's also equipped with an automatic "last-shot" bolt hold-open. It comes in a padded carrying case with built-in flotation.

Accepts a scope or optical device.

Only 5.25 lbs, and includes a compact carry case.

I have the Marlin 70 PSS and I love it. I bought an extra ten shot clip and added a stainless "red dot" sight on it. The site has a red dot inside that is powered by a coin battery. You just put the dot on the target. You can put the carrying case on your backpack easily.

I dont know how strict they are about firearms on those hikes you go on Dave but I dont do much in the wilds without "packin"one.

I've never used one of those AimPoint sights.  Is there a general limit to how far out you can shoot with one of those things?

Well obviously they arent as accurite as a rifle scope and a 22 is limited on range but I would think it would be close enough out to 50 yards. The closer the better for sure but 20 to 30 yards is pretty accurite.

Remember there is no magnification from the sight. Its straight through. If its a  bear or moose you have the added effect of rapid fire. I wouldnt fire to hit them but at them. If that doesnt change their minds well RUN!    scared011.gif

Guest adrenjunky

I've never used one of those AimPoint sights.  Is there a general limit to how far out you can shoot with one of those things?

They work well past the range of a .22 in my uses. I prefer an open reddot like the eotech or ATN ultrasight rather than a tubed scope. It allows all light in so it can be used in ultra low light or no light.

OOOOOOOoooooo!!!  VERY nice, K-Bob!  :thumbsup:

I hope they use it to finally develop a concealed-carry pistol.  But if what I read is correct, the MSRP is around $525.00!!! That's fantastic, but usually it'll cost less in the stores!  EVEN BETTER!

Any suggestions for a 22 rifle?

I've owned a Remington Nylon 66 for about 25 years.  Dad's Nylon 66, which my brother owns, is I think around 40.  Dad's has had a BUNCH shot through it.

Wooo Hooo I nailed my first coyote of the season today with my Henry 22 magnum rifle.

h001mlevermagnumlgrj6.jpg

I drove down into the bottom ground today looking around. Theres a wide area along our east fence line where they stayed back from the fence with the tree planting that I keep mowed. Its around 150 ft. wide. When I pulled out to where I could see south down the line he was standing nearly half way down and didnt see or hear me. I backed up quickly and got out my Henry rifle. It has a scope and I had just sighted it in. I had a 243 remington pump in there also but I havent sighted it in yet.

I dropped three hollow point shells in and snuck out on foot to where I could see down the line. The coyote still hadnt seen me and was walking towards me out a little over 100 yards. I shot off hand with nothing to rest on and I heard the bullet hit him. It set him back on his haunches and he rared up shaking his head and yiping jumped into the fox tail and weeds yipping all the time. He ran west into the weeds and finally got quiet. I didnt wade out to try to find him but Im sure he didnt make it.

I still got it.  scared011.gif    :box:    :D

:'(   Makes me wanna cry!  I've decided that if I'm ever gonna get a new rifle I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and trade off my prized Colt .45 Peacemaker....