WildSurvive Forum
bestseller92

What new guns are on your wish list?

Holly, you are a heartbreaker!  :rofl:  If my wife acted the same way, I'm quite sure we would STAY broke! "Well, honey, we could pay the credit card off....OR...we could get a new GLOCK 21..." 

Guest adrenjunky

Everyone should :devil: autos are fun!!!

They are bringing a semiauto out, should be aval. in the spring.

Well, I mentioned it earlier and now I'm gonna do it.  I'm swapping my Colt Peacemaker (in .45 Colt caliber) to a brand new Bushmaster Arms Patrolman's A3 model rifle.  I will probably regret it later, but right now my reasoning is this:  I have plenty of other pistols, and most are better suited to defense/survival than the big Colt;  ammo is a heck of a lot more expensive for the Colt than anything else I own (one box of Remington .45 Colt ammo--50 rounds--is over $40 at Wal Mart nowadays, I can get alot of .223 for that kind of dough);  the Bushmaster will be a lot better for a SHTF kind of event.  The Colt will be missed, but I hardly ever even get it out of the case anymore and I'm getting a $1230.00 rifle for it (and I only have $250.00 in it!). 

I can find cheaper ammo for the Colt, but nothing else shoots as well as that Remington 255 grain round.  With that particular load that pistol is a LASER!  Alot of single-action revolvers shoot high, low, left or right from point of aim, and are hard to adjust.  This Colt will shoot the Remington load to point of aim, but nothing else I've tried in it.  The cheapest I've seen this particular load is a little over $30, mail order, plus shipping.

Here's a link to the Bushmaster Patrolman I'm trading to:  http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA3F16M4.asp

I ordered 500 rounds of Black Hills .223 ammo from Cabela's for that new Bushmaster.  A 'heads up' for all those who have firearms:  Ammo prices will go up by nearly 15% on January 15th due to the heavy demand for the raw materials (brass, lead, copper, nickle, steel, other components). 

I'm considering starting reloading.

I've been giving it serious thought myself.  I have been looking mostly at Dillion Precision's loading equipment.

The strange thing is this is an actual rifle. This could be great addition to gays in the military.  :peace:

Anyone have anything good to say about the Ruger Mini 30? Got a Mini 14 that I spend a lot of time with but it just doesn't have enough knockdown for the critters I run into around here.

Anyone have anything good to say about the Ruger Mini 30? Got a Mini 14 that I spend a lot of time with but it just doesn't have enough knockdown for the critters I run into around here.

Mini 30's are good, comparable to the 30.30, but if you want high cap. and need knockdown get an M1-A, or the M1-A socom, the .308 round has good knock down and though a good bit heavier the socom isn't much bigger than the mini 30...., but has a MUCH bigger price tag

I am actually a fan of the 7.62x39 round, and have had much better accuracy results from a mini 30 Ranch Rifle with a scope than from the SKS, and AK variations...., though I've had no trouble destroying 2 litre bottles at 100 meters with any of them, it's at 200, and 300 meters where the mini 30 set it's self apart from the others but in all fairness I didn't have a scope on the SKS's or AK's. One thing though, don't go buying the mini 30 expecting to be able to use the "imported" com-bloc steel-cased ammo. For a while there..., maybe still and he just hasn't mentioned it, the gun smith I use was regularly removing stuck steel shell casings from mini 30's, in a few cases the same rifle more than once. So, while I love the mini 14, I personally don't want to own a mini 30 because the "name-brand" brass-cased ammo is rather expensive here. If you really want a 7.62x39 rifle and cyclic rate of fire isn't a primary issue I'd go with this one, the CZ 527, they are pretty sweet

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=89304217

Wow a 7.62 in a carbine. Ill bet that baby is a fire breather. Better get some ear plugs and avoid flamable material any where near the end of the barrel.    :scared: