WildSurvive Forum
bestseller92

What new guns are on your wish list?

Wow a 7.62 in a carbine. Ill bet that baby is a fire breather. Better get some ear plugs and avoid flamable material any where near the end of the barrel.    :scared:

Yep, outta that short barrel it would light up the area!  BUT.....I still want one! 

The other thing about the Mini-30 is that magazines that hold more than 5 rounds are hard to find, and PRICEY!  :greed:  I was considering one, but changed my mind when I heard about the steel-casing problems from another site, and then tried to price magazines.  By all accounts, they are supposed to be VERY good rifles and VERY reliable with the Ruger 5 round magazine and brass-cased ammo.

The STG-2000 is re-built from Yugoslavian parts in the US with some American-made parts to make it legal, and what I've read about it peaks my interest.  They will also be offered in .223.

The STG-2000 is re-built from Yugoslavian parts in the US with some American-made parts to make it legal, and what I've read about it peaks my interest.  They will also be offered in .223.

Well, the Yugo's make some decent stuff, and the steel in their barrels has historically been ok

OOOOoooo!  I just got the Taurus Full Line Catalog in the mail today (Thank you, K-Bob! :hug:)

OOOOoooo!  I just got the Taurus Full Line Catalog in the mail today (Thank you, K-Bob! :hug:)

Heck, if you get half of the stuff I signed you up for, you'll have enough reading material to get you through the winter!  Has your new Smith & Wesson catalog arrived yet?  :whistle:

I saw this one on another forum that has recieved quite a bit of publicity. What'cha think KBob, Bestseller, AJ and the rest of you firearms knowlegable people?

German Sport Guns have unveiled the GSG-5. This is an exact clone of the H&K MP5. However this version is a .22 semi auto rimfire rifle. A whole host of accessories will be available for customisation. I soooo want one of these.

GSG5133.jpg

p4718c0_GSG-5.jpg

Official Video

Fun Video

Guest adrenjunky

That would be fun, not as much fun as an MP5, but fun.

I saw this one on another forum that has recieved quite a bit of publicity. What'cha think KBob, Bestseller, AJ and the rest of you firearms knowlegable people?

Will be fun but very low powered, pitty they didn't make one in WMR.

Really neat, and it looks just like it's big brother!  Should be alot of fun to shoot, and would be cheaper to feed than the 9mm version.

:hugegrin: :thumbsup:

VERY nice, K-Bob! :thumbsup:

"Kentucky Bob's Cure for the Unwanted Houseguest"

Knock on door.

The inlaws arrive unannounced one snowy Saturday morning, just as Kentucky Bob is settling down for a nice Deuchars and a prized cigar to watch "Jeremiah Johnson" for the two hundred and forty seventh time.  K-Bob hurries to his gun safe and takes out his new Bushmaster, then strategically places it on the sofa...

1001086wr0dl0.jpg

VERY nice, K-Bob! :thumbsup:

"Kentucky Bob's Cure for the Unwanted Houseguest"

Knock on door.

The inlaws arrive unannounced one snowy Saturday morning, just as Kentucky Bob is settling down for a nice Deuchars and a prized cigar to watch "Jeremiah Johnson" for the two hundred and forty seventh time.  K-Bob hurries to his gun safe and takes out his new Bushmaster, then strategically places it on the sofa...

1001086wr0dl0.jpg

:devil:

And Ursula doesn't understand why I need two or three more.... :huh:

:devil:

And Ursula doesn't understand why I need two or three more.... :huh:

Hey, I am trying to deal with life without fire arms now as much as possible, other than hunting rifles and and my shot guns but there are times.........,The pic below was when I slept on the job site a few nights when some things like heating and air units, and all the copper in a couple of the new houses in the nieghborhood were coming up missing and we had a lot of things just laying around loose, along with all of my personal electrical tools. So..., I was pulling guard duty. Lol, a baker scaffold makes a decent bunk...., just a little stiff.

PICT0124-1.jpg

At some point I am hoping that I might be able get a firearm safely at the house, if so, I was thinng about a Springfield arms xD .45ACP, which I like very much, and I will probably get a Scomm II as well (.308Win)

KBob, I've read that review before a while ago, it is a good article. The Henry has a lot of fans out there, and a lot of rabid hates. I have never shot one, but a friend said it was a lot like shooting a toy.

thinking about building an AR15 type weapon

Just remember their actions are tight, if it is a new one you will have to go through at least five hundred to a thousand rounds before you're even starting to break the bolt in good and headed for optimum performance. I don't know about where you're at but .223 is pretty expensive here now.

At some point I am hoping that I might be able get a firearm safely at the house, if so, I was thinng about a Springfield arms xD .45ACP, which I like very much, and I will probably get a Scomm II as well (.308Win)

KBob, I've read that review before a while ago, it is a good article. The Henry has a lot of fans out there, and a lot of rabid hates. I have never shot one, but a friend said it was a lot like shooting a toy.

Can't go wrong with an xD and Socom!

As for the Henrys, I've handled all their different models at different shops, but haven't had the opportunity to shoot one.  The AR7 survival rifle I don't like at all simply because I can't comfortably get my cheek low enough on the stock to be able to use the rear sight (extra high comb on the stock).  The others (including the pump action .22) all had slick actions and handle well, but as far as shooting....I don't know.

How are the Nato rounds............. price wise

Depending on where you find surplus ammo, and by that I  mean NATO M855 SS109 Penetrator, 62gr ammo. 

Cheaper Than Dirt (www.cheaperthandirt.com) has Igman , 600 rds in 6 bandoliers of 100rds each for $299.97.  Lake City M855, 840 rds--7 bandoliers of 120rds on 10 rd stripper clips for $469.97  They also have 20 and 30rd boxes.

Another place called the Armory had the Lake City ammo for $479.95 for 1000 rds.  The site says "temporarily out", so they may some more soon. http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/223_ammunition.html

AIMSurplus has the Prvi Partizan M193 55gr ammo for $330.00 per 1000 rds.

If you don't want to stick to the M855 rd or the M193, try Cabela's bulk ammunition:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat20839&navAction=jump&navCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat602007&parentType=category&parentId=cat602007

I haven't used the Wolf brand .223 ammo.  I've heard good AND bad on it:  Poor accuracy or acceptable, depending on who you talk to.  The steel case being able to damage parts, again depending on who you talk to (I spoke to Bushmaster, they say they have no problems when using it in testing). 

I understand that you can save a ton of money by building your own AR, so it sounds like a great idea, tfisher.  My buddy built his Rock River Arms rifle from parts kits, ended up costing him A LOT LESS than an assembled rifle.

How are the Nato rounds............. price wise

Impossible to know at the moment, last time I looked the only ball ammo available was U.M.C. and sellier and ballot, and both were close to ten dollars for a box of 20 three months ago and scheduled to go up again soon.