WildSurvive Forum
tsegura

New Les Stroud series !

Hello all!

I realize it's been ages since my last newsletter, my apologies – it has just been ridiculously hectic.

There is a lot of big news around the corner, but for now it'll just be a quick note to let you know about a new series I am hoping to work on more in the future, called “Surviving Urban Disastersâ€, and it will have it's pilot premiere this August 27th (Sunday) at 8pm – (in the US only) - on The Science Channel.

This is my original concept on how to survive tornados,! earthquakes, pandemics, fires etc.,but due to my recent schedule it was produced by CBS New York and a very talented producer named Steve McCarthy.

This first episode focuses on floods and is based around the New Orleans disaster with footage from hurricane Katrina and interviews with one of it’s survivors.

As for my part - we built a special effects full sized house - flooded it with water and I go about showing what you could actually do if you had to survive in this situation.

Hope you enjoy it!

Take care for now

Les

That is awesome and that sux.  I don't get the Science channel.  I was hoping this was on Discovery.  :ranting: :rant:

HAH, you were faster than me tsegura! I just posted the newsletter as news :)

Don't you want to post news on the website, not only the forums?  :P

Anyway, its great that we heard from Les, but not that great (for me), that the next episodes are centered on urban survival. But I'm sure other members will love the idea, LOST for example  :grin:

I love the idea of urban survival , I saw something on t v the other day and scientist say that in the next 20 - 30 years 75% of the worlds population will live in cities. It's  never too early to prepare

That is awesome and that sux.  I don't get the Science channel.  I was hoping this was on Discovery.   :ranting: :rant:

I don't either. I am so bummed out.

HAH, you were faster than me tsegura! I just posted the newsletter as news :)

Don't you want to post news on the website, not only the forums?  :P

Anyway, its great that we heard from Les, but not that great (for me), that the next episodes are centered on urban survival. But I'm sure other members will love the idea, LOST for example  :grin:

I do love taking care of the masses, but I am afraid I will have to wait to see it if it comes out on Discovery.

No, it was a Urban surival show with Les.  I didn't see it, but I have someone who taped it for me.  BIG THANKS, there.  I don't have the Science Channel. I can't wait to see it. 

He hosted the show ,it plays on the science channel,last night was thefirst episode , it 's called surviving urban disasters

For you guys who can't get these shows on your cable service, if you know  how to use bit torrents there are alot of sites that have the shows and even whole seasons bundled together.

I know that it is a grey issue downloading media, but as Les says "When it comes to survival, anything is fair game" ;-)

http://scrapetorrent.com/index.php

yeah you are right, but Les won't mind :) when DVD comes out I will buy it anyway

the problem is - its not out even on torrents  :curse:

I wish Discovery Science in my country had it  :rant: