WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rabbit

Survivorman Season 3

What would you expect, or like to see, as the format for season 3?

Personally:

1. Work on making a camp and not just getting out

2. Learn how to fish :)

3. teach more of the fundamentals

4. Bigger game, meat preservation/preperation

5. Long term wilderness survival

- making a bow for example

6. Bring a newbie with him, someone he can coach

I'd like:

1. Les to actually stay there 7 days full-time. That would be seven nights. Not 5 :) And without leaving the camp - just for relocation not to "escape"

2. more emphasis on making a camp, finding water and food and less on how scary it is, the chances of a black bear visiting him, pretty camera views with the surroundings etc In a fewer words: less drama, more info.

3. to show that he can survive there for an indefinite period of time, not fast for one week.

I know it is hard for him at it is, and my 3 requests will make his life even harder, but in my opinion that would make an even better survival show - not just for fun, but for education too.

I would like to see:

* -- More locations where people might actually get lost in the U.S. and Canada.  It's not real relevant to show survival in Africa or the Cook Islands, though it may indeed be interesting.

* -- More emphasis on food gathering.  In a survival situation, brain power and energy go fast when you're starving.

Wal Mart at the first of the month in Eastern Kentucky.... :scared:  scared011.gif

But seriously, most of the time when we hear of someone being lost in the woods while hiking or camping, it's somewhere out in the western US.  What about an episode in the mountains of Washington/Oregon, or Utah/Nevada, northern California, or any of the more remote federal lands.

Wal Mart at the first of the month in Eastern Kentucky.... :scared:  scared011.gif

But seriously, most of the time when we hear of someone being lost in the woods while hiking or camping, it's somewhere out in the western US.  What about an episode in the mountains of Washington/Oregon, or Utah/Nevada, northern California, or any of the more remote federal lands.

What I have sugjested many times!

Well its tv and you get more viewers if you do interesting stuff like go to cool locations. If every ep was filmed in the ontario bush or parries it would get quite boring.

I dont care if he films it or he has a camera crew.  I want him to able to survive a longer period.  7 days.  You don't need food for mayb 3-4wks only water.  How about more on building the shelter, not breaking stupid branches.  Different ideas on how to make fires!  What if you didnt have a knife. Most people don't

I want to see two hour shows, so we can get more in depth with the details of survival.  Perhaps they could have both 1 and 2 hour versions of each show?

i think the survival shows have run the gamet ray mears has the right idea doing shows on bushcraft for me that never gets tiring les will have to reformat and it might be hard to recreate the same sucsess

I agree that it needs to be longer, and filming the stuff himself is a nice addition, but I'm not sure it allows for enough realism.  If you are going to survive with minimal gear, you need the time that having a film crew would give you.  Actually, what would be best would be for Les to train someone else to film as he does, so only one person has to follow, and allow that experienced camera guy any modern equipment necessary and possibly even a second person to set up camp for the cameraman.  To avoid the helping...I'd just put the cameraman and helper under strict rules, and as Les, try to forget the persons are there and talk to the camera.

Volcomdude58

What if you didnt have a knife. Most people don't

mistwalker

Really?!  ???

My neck of the woods, we all carry a pocket knife.  I think even most of the ladies have some type of knife in their purse.  Tess usually carries three of them.

My neck of the woods, we all carry a pocket knife.  I think even most of the ladies have some type of knife in their purse.  Tess usually carries three of them.

Ya, most folks round here at LEAST have a pocket knife, well the country folks do.  Them other guys, well they got their pocket protectors and suitcases.  Even our pastor at church carries around a folder.

I would love to see a show based on Les, Bow, and others within the same environment, creating their own survival camps, etc.  Kind of the many different ways to get to the same goal type thing.

More of Les in US/Canadian locations. I really feel that his season lacked some of the luster because in the first season, people thought/felt... gee that could be me, but in the second season, they were like, thats cool, but it didnt have the same impact. Kind of the way looking at the Tsunami hitting indian did not have the same impact here as watching the floods in NO did. (Bad example but I think it gets the idea across..)

Also, it would be nice for him to actually show some decent gear.... I was personally embaressed for him with his "survival" knife in Africa....

Also, it would be nice for him to actually show some decent gear.... I was personally embaressed for him with his "survival" knife in Africa....

I missed it, what kind of knife did he have??

Guest given to the sea...

~ I wanna see him eat this go-round  :thumbsup:

I want him to piss off the PETA folks in the name of survival, and tell them to go take a hike inside a poultry farm...  :whistle:

I'm with everyone else, I wanna see some staying power. I want some boring lengthy discussions about setting up camps that would make some stupid channel surfers surf right on by... 

I want to see him appeal to those folks who tuned into him late at night, years ago,  because they liked the fact that he talked straight, and made sense instead of making us go "EWWWWWWWWW!"  or "OMG!" 

There's enough Shock value on T.V.  I wanna see Les do what he does best. Survive....  in places that normal folks might actually find themselvs. I want him to appeal to smart people, who DO have an attention span.

I'd like to see more Urban situations as well.  Real life scenarios, re-thought, by someone with some brains.

That's the Les I want the most.  :thumbup:

The knife in that African episode looked like a Crockadile Dundee knife. It was darn big. a little too much knife. The one he had in that Alaskan episode, looked like a Buck knife, I think it was the general style , would have been more than enough.Unless he was cutting an awful lot of bush.

i've alway wanted a Crocodile Dundee knife

Sue Charlton: He's got a knife.

Dundee: [chuckling] That's not a knife.

Dundee: [Dundee draws a large Bowie knife]

Dundee: *That's* a knife.