WildSurvive Forum

Some in January but mostly after that Feb. through spring. Ive actually found them mushroom hunting May. 

The longer the sheds lay there the more likely they will get chewed up by squirrels and mice. Find bedding areas as they are the best. Also winter deer yards (where deer gather in large herds for the winter) are very good areas to find sheds. Follow deer trails is another good place to find them.

I find most of mine riding my four wheeler.    :D

antlers006ds5.jpg

I would love to get some.  I have only found two and they were both in VERY bad shape.  Well one was a shed and one was a skull.  But both very messed up. 

I find most of mine riding my four wheeler.     :D

You should throw that lot up on ebay.  You'd make a killing considering 4 and 5 pointers are going for $25 EACH.  I usually get 2-3 sheds a year, but most of my supply comes from hunters. My deal is that I trade them 1 set of antlers for 1 knife handle. I end up using one of the rosettes, but that leaves me with another, and a load of points to work with.

Theres a few matched pairs in there one is a perfect 12 pointer and a nine point drop tine set.

Theres a few matched pairs in there one is a perfect 12 pointer and a nine point drop tine set.

That quote for $25 was for singles.  You, my friend stand to make a killing. LOL!.

Unlike Swede, I don't cheat by using a 4 wheeler, but I guess using my Lab Ghille could be considered cheating.  LOL

Here are some of our finds...gotta give the pup credit where credit is due.

2010_shed_find-b.jpg.a8bf9a67026ecdfc6cdda1115a8c206d.jpg

Shed_hunting_finds-b.jpg.3c158845174e06c110d0741b2d8b6b5b.jpg

I usually start looking at the end of deer season. I found one last year during rut so I'm sure he lost that fight. I am a big fan of squirrel hunting and I like to walk when I'm squirrel hunting so that's a good time to find them for me.