WildSurvive Forum
Gandar

Our 8 Mile hike to Myakka State Park Primitive Campground Reserve

The barries are American beauty

I am sure its berries. We don't take off for spelling here :rofl:

Guest blacksmith

I hope not or I am in for it

Nope..., spelling is definitely not the important thing here, and lol, even the ones who might point out your error will eventually give you the oportunity to return the favor so have no worries.

I can't believe I missed this Gandar, beautiful scenery, that's just south of Tampa right? You could have just stood out in that open field spinning taking pics and I would have loved them all, other than the mosquitoes I miss that area a lot and think about it often.

By the way, I now understand the interest in that mud survival training course  ;)

I can't believe I missed this Gandar, beautiful scenery, that's just south of Tampa right? You could have just stood out in that open field spinning taking pics and I would have loved them all, other than the mosquitoes I miss that area a lot and think about it often.

By the way, I now understand the interest in that mud survival training course  ;)

Yeah it really is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, one of the last few protected-but-free places I've seen in Florida.

Yeah it really is a beautiful place. Unfortunately, one of the last few protected-but-free places I've seen in Florida.

Do you live near that park? If so I wish you'd go again and get more pics of it for the image galleries. Some of the shore would be nice too. Have you been camping in any of the areas down in the glades? I think from looking at their web site there are still some wilderness areas left down there. Lol, I'll work on the course if you will.

Gandar,

Those are some nice pics :thumbup:. It is a beautiful place. Nice snake also.

Here's me, I am not sporting mine... I know, I know but I need a very light shirt to hike in.

bradbf9.jpg

Ok Brad...., define light....., as your shirt really looks no lighter than Kelly's.

Ok Brad...., define light....., as your shirt really looks no lighter than Kelly's.

Light not as far as color but weight is concerned.

What I am wearing is a very worn and very thin hanes undershirt.  I doubt it's even 30 spf but man is it comfortable.

I thought that's what you meant but it doesn't show up worn that thin in the picture. The W.S. shirts I have are very heavy too...., as of yet, I think I am going to try to get some kakki ones for the hot season, lol, it's already hitting 94 with a heat index of 99 and 100 here and it isn't even summer yet....., a depressing thought, and black and even the navy blue will be a bit rough in that heat.

I thought that's what you meant but it doesn't show up worn that thin in the picture. The W.S. shirts I have are very heavy too...., as of yet, I think I am going to try to get some kakki ones for the hot season, lol, it's already hitting 94 with a heat index of 99 and 100 here and it isn't even summer yet....., a depressing thought, and black and even the navy blue will be a bit rough in that heat.

I know what you mean. We have the same temps here and it is daunting at best.

I will work on getting some pics for you of the shore and inland.

I know what you mean. We have the same temps here and it is daunting at best.

I will work on getting some pics for you of the shore and inland.

Lol, yep...., the only really good thing about it is when Lisa's shirts get all sweaty  :whistle:

Lol, yep...., the only really good thing about it is when Lisa's shirts get all sweaty  :whistle:

It is better when the wives glisten while they work... ;)