WildSurvive Forum
Gandar

Make a Glow in the dark mountain dew - or other things

According to the write up about Hydrogen Peroxide on Wikipedia.org:

---------------

Hydrogen peroxide is used with phenyl oxalate ester and an appropriate dye in glow sticks as an oxidizing agent. It reacts with the ester to form an unstable CO2 dimer which excites the dye to an excited state; the dye emits a photon (light) when it spontaneously relaxes back to the ground state.

---------------

thanks, it doesn't need the MD does it? just for effect right?

i remember doing somthing like this in a science class 4 years ago.... i don't remember it to well.

thanks, it doesn't need the MD does it? just for effect right?

Maybe the Dye they use in Mountain Dew is the same needed for the effect.

Will this work with any pop?

I'll try to get my hands on this tomorrow and see if I can get it to work with other sodas but I think tghe coloration used in Mt. Dew is what does it.  You don't see Pepsi colored glow sticks out there... but bright green ones.. yeah.

Well the site says its a fake idk

SK, at least one person logs on to EVERY video there and calls it a fake. It's kind of a trend in video sites right now.

They will make up some stupid reason and call it FAKE in big letters and lots of ! ! ! !

Example: A video of a skateboarder breaking his leg after a trick ---- Someone logged in and said "He totally had his arm broken before he startd that trick, FAKE ! ! ! ! ....

It's real enough. Check out my quote from wikipedia above.

SK, at least one person logs on to EVERY video there and calls it a fake. It's kind of a trend in video sites right now.

They will make up some stupid reason and call it FAKE in big letters and lots of ! ! ! !

Example: A video of a skateboarder breaking his leg after a trick ---- Someone logged in and said "He totally had his arm broken before he startd that trick, FAKE ! ! ! ! ....

It's real enough. Check out my quote from wikipedia above.

Well I saw that, Im just debating on whether or not to use 1/4 a thing of dew! lol

Well I saw that, Im just debating on whether or not to use 1/4 a thing of dew! lol

I think I'll find what color they use in dew and try it in a plastic cup.