WildSurvive Forum
LOST

Favorite Animals

Most of us have a favorite animal or animals that we are more partial to than others.  What animal or animals do you like to be around?

My very favorite is fish, I have 2 aquariums and love to sit and watch them ,the best part is that they don't poo on the floor! :hugegrin: Also have a dog , and rabbits, (kids pets) ,and a 21 lb. cat thats for my wife but love me to death. :grin:

Dogs of course and bears and horses.

But my fav would have to be dogs. Its mans best friend after all :)

I do believe that there is a strange bond between people who love the outdoors and dogs. AND BIG animals. I think I also have a certain fascination with elephants as well.

I love dogs the best.  Then the whole list of barnyard animals.  I love horses and cows and chickens and fuzzy baby ducklings and pigs and mules.

Had 3 dogs and I think 6 parakeets growing up.  Machine is allergic to animals, so nothing now.  Hard to say what my favorite animal is. Domestic would have to be dog, always wanted a Siberian Husky growing up.  Wild, maybe bear, maybe lion or tiger.

Guest Lead Dog

Dogs, of course!  I feel naked if I am not enjoying the outdoors without a dog or two.

Bravo, Siberian huskies are quite smart!  But don't confuse intelligence with their desire to follow typical obedience commands.  Once my guys know what I want out of them, they respond quickly.  They are also excellent problem solvers.  But they will never execute precise commands like other breeds.  My wife loves German shepherds, so we always have one around the house.  They are much better at taking commands than Sibes.

Growing up, we always had cats and dogs around, so I love both.  Have a cat right now, Chessie (named after the old mascot for The "Chessie System" railroad).  We found her as a stray kitten and took her in.  Just a yellow tabby, but she's family.  She's my little buddy. It's amazing how attached you can become to a little critter, huh? :)

As far as dogs go, I've always liked bigger breeds.  My favorite was a Golden Retriever named Blondie.  She was special.  Old age caught up to her, and one night she just curled up to go to sleep, and never woke up.  I wish we could all go out that gently.  :(

Favorite Pets/Animals

Wolves (Not as a pet)

Dogs (Have two, Doby/Mutt mix and a Black Lab)

Pet Grumpy (Currently 9 going on 10 and attenting 4th grade :)  )

Dogs, of course!  I feel naked if I am not enjoying the outdoors without a dog or two.

Bravo, Siberian huskies are quite smart!  But don't confuse intelligence with their desire to follow typical obedience commands.  Once my guys know what I want out of them, they respond quickly.  They are also excellent problem solvers.  But they will never execute precise commands like other breeds.  My wife loves German shepherds, so we always have one around the house.  They are much better at taking commands than Sibes.

~ My Siberian Husky takes commands way better than my other dogs. He can sit, speak, lay down, fetch... Speak, eat things, and did I mention that he can speak? He argues with me...  and sometimes when I'm daydreaming and starring out the kitchen window while I do dishes.... he nudges me back into reality... he can acutally sense that I'm zoned out of reality, and it bothers him. He keeps me in line.

His talent is catching chipmonks and swallowing them whole...  :hugegrin: