WildSurvive Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tsegura

The worst case scenario board game

I was cleaning out a closet and found a game i forgot about, The worst case scenario survival game, has any one heard of or played it? i took out the question cards and have been reading them they do have some good info, i'll try to post some of the better one's

Ok i'll post the best ones ,it's multiple choice questions and we'll se who gets em right

also i'm unsure of some of these answers so of they are wrong sorry, i'm going right off of the cards

How to tell direction using plants?

in the northern hemisphere, a plants most abundant growth is on it's____ side?

a) east

b) south

c) north

Guest taken by the wind...

~ you're at the beach swimming not far off the shore, No lifequards are at this beach, and all of a sudden you find yourself caught in a riptide (or undertow). What should you do?

i would remain calm and try to swim out of the riptide

EDIT:

After i posted i thought of something!

WHY THE HECK AM I SWIMMING THERE! Swimming w/o a lifeguard is idoitic!

~ Most people try to swim back to the shore in a panic (against the current). This only exhausts the swimmer. scared011.gif

The life saving thing to remember is that these currents are strong but narrow.... Always start swimming perpendicular to the shoreline, even it it pushes you out further from the shore a bit. Remain calm and swim perpendicular. Very soon you will swim out of the current, and you can make your way back to shore no problem. :thumbup:

How to tell direction using plants?

in the northern hemisphere, a plants most abundant growth is on it's____ side?

a) east

b) south

c) north

North side? Why would the growth be more abundant on the north side when theres more sun on the south side?

I NEED choices A,B, and C Taken, duh, cant play without them! lol

~ Ahhh... but grasshopper, true survival is not about "mulitple choice." It is about "filling in the blank." Either you know the answer when you need to know it, or you do not. Survival comes to those who know the right answer, wthout having to see the other options. :arigato:

cool14.gif

~ Ahhh... but grasshopper, true survival is not about "mulitple choice." It is about "filling in the blank."  Either you know the answer when you need to know it, or you do not.  Survival comes to those who know the right answer, wthout having to see the other options.  :arigato:

cool14.gif

:curse: I need options  :yawn: ok, i took a deep breathe and feel better now.  Yes, I completely agree with you, and you know I was just kidding.

You are lost, but you notice that the trees have moss growing on them...do you:

A: Realize that moss only grows on the north side of the tree....

B: Realize that moss only grows on the south side of the tree...

C: Realize that moss has no idea of what side of the tree it's on and could be on ANY side...

D: Rip the moss off the tree, make a nice comfy place to sit under the tree, relax, and enjoy being lost for a little while....

You are lost, but you notice that the trees have moss growing on them...do you:

A: Realize that moss only grows on the north side of the tree....

B: Realize that moss only grows on the south side of the tree...

C: Realize that moss has no idea of what side of the tree it's on and could be on ANY side...

D: Rip the moss off the tree, make a nice comfy place to sit under the tree, relax, and enjoy being lost for a little while....

Definitely D.  Wouldn't it be nice to stay out a little longer?

I think moss tends to grow a little better on the north side of stuff because a north side of anything doesn't get as much sun (at least here in the midwest).  The north side of my house has places that never get direct sunlight.  That said, why in the world don't you have a compass, or a magnetized needle, or a gps?

I think moss tends to grow a little better on the north side of stuff because a north side of anything doesn't get as much sun (at least here in the midwest).  The north side of my house has places that never get direct sunlight.  That said, why in the world don't you have a compass, or a magnetized needle, or a gps?

Assuming someone doesn't have any of those, I was pointing out (in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way) that a lost person should sit down and think before doing anything else.  Moss can grow on any side of the tree, depending on local conditions (I've seen it all the way around a tree, with no real indication of thicker growth on any one side).  I wonder sometimes how many people have actually died due to that old myth...

Also points up that while information is valuable, you might want to look at the applicability to your local area or the area in which you will be hiking.  I don't hike the same way in Indiana as I do in Pennsylvania, or Michigan.

I developed a strategy many, many years ago and have always reinforced it in my mind any time I'm out in the backcountry.  Sit down, build a fire, and think about it.  That is my very first response to anything that isn't a medical type emergency.