WildSurvive Forum
Kentucky Bob

The Man Cave

*Leans over Rocky's Casket* "He will be dearly missed, he just spoke too much..."

Off to eat

Awe SK, you're "pair" just haven't grown enough. Besides, you didn't notice that Swede was the hearse driver and Kbob did the eulogy, they're just taking me to the bar for my birthday in cognito.

3-second "flrrrrrrrrrrrrrp"

That's a beginner....5 second and birds must fall from the sky.

From wikipedia:

In St. Augustine's The City of God, Augustine, not otherwise noted for his levity, makes mention of men who "have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at will, so as to produce the effect of singing." That mankind in general has lost this ability he attributes to the first sin of Adam and Eve and its consequences with respect to body control. (The City of God Against the Pagans, ed and trans Philip Levine (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1966), XIV.24.

See also Mr. Methane

Thats another picture that makes me laugh Ron. I know it wasnt very funny for those folks but this is true survival at its finest.  :D

Flood survival 101......................Beer, booze and tp and he made a nice raft for the old lady............nuff said.

floodsurvival.jpg

That Guy is formally from Buffalo NY. I can tell because he got the beer during a disaster or storm. That was the advice from a former Mayor who said during the blizzard to just get yourself a 6 pack and stay home. :woot:

I'm not a drinker Rocky, I barely even drink pop.

Well, that is absolutely fabulous news SK. Ice cold milk has to be my favorite of beverages, along with ice tea on a hot day. I drink beer too, but I like one when it's ICE cold and i'm all hot and sweaty, then, and only then does a cold beer sound good.

I'd have to say ice tea.  I have never been able to work up enthusiasm for just water, except at the home place spring.  I drink maybe 6 beers a year.  Some years that's a high number.  I do have a can of beer with clamato juice if anyone's interested....grin.  One of these days I'll work up the nerve to try it.  Might like it.  Bet that'd irritate Tess....she don't like sardines either....grin.  Here lately I've kind of developed a taste for artificial sweetener Kool-Aid.  It's not half bad and gets me to drink water without carbonation.  I like Diet Pepsi, Diet Mountain Dew, and most of the Mike's Hard Lemonades.  I probably drink about 12 of the Mike's a year.  Just not a big alcohol fan.  I will say though, for survival, it is one of the most versatile substances you can have with you.  I can drink ice cold milk with sweet stuff like chocolate, pancakes, doughnuts, etc. 

I just bought a box of those packets. Put one in a bottle of water. Good to go.  :thumbup:

Yep, the good ol' cherry Kool-Aid.  While I was on vacation I had a chance to try two beers:

Land Shark Lager and Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat.  The Land Shark Lager is Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville brand, and is a pretty smooth beer.  The Cherry Wheat is lighter than the Sam Adams Boston Lagers, and does have a hint of cherry flavor.  I also had a couple of Uncle Mike's Hard Lemonades, as well. 

I'm with Rocky on the number I can or will drink at a time.  I seldom drink more than two, simply because I'm usually full at that point especially when drinking a heavier beer like the stouts or ales.

At night, after working all day on the kitchen and hallway, I would go out on the porch with a good "barley pop" and a cigar.  I got a 5-pack of Pleiades DeGualles to try out, and they're pretty darn good cigars.

Had a chance to try some anejo patron tequila straight.  Man is that stuff smooth.  The tequila I remembered from my college days tasted like paint thinner.  This stuff comes in a hand made bottle.

patron_anejo.jpg

I didn't go to college, but I have had the paint thinner brand also. I"ve been wanting to try that brand, but out here it cost the same as a single malt, $60 a bottle. So I'll have to wait awhile. FYI, Dan Akroyd is or was one of the owners.