WildSurvive Forum

Holly they are not painful memories my dear they are happy ones.

Nice to meet you too Mist those images are from South Wales, As for Stone Henge yes i have been there they are next to the largest Army Training ground in the UK.

Holly they are not painful memories my dear they are happy ones.

Nice to meet you too Mist those images are from South Wales, As for Stone Henge yes i have been there they are next to the largest Army Training ground in the UK.

I sort of thought they were from some in the encyclopedia (sp?) but wasn't sure. I am told by some people that my last name is Welsh (sp?), but our family history goes back to Scotland and all of us on my father's side look gaelic, lol  Right next to?! That somehow doesn't seem right lol. Do you have any pics of it...., stone hinge that is...., or the military base either for that matter?

No sorry i dont have photos of Stone Henge or Larkhill Training Area.

Stone Henge is very disappointing, ok there is a lot of history there and it was an amazing feet of engineering but it is very small, there are far better stone circles around the country, still worth a visit though.

A henge is a prehistoric architectural structure and is nearly circular or oval-shaped flat area over 20 metres (65 feet) in diameter that is enclosed and delimited by a boundary earthwork that usually comprises a ditch with an external bank. The earthwork permits access to the interior by one, two, or four entrances. Internal components may include portal settings, timber circles, post rings, stone circles, four-stone settings, monoliths, standing posts, pits, coves, post alignments, stone alignments, burials, central mounds, and stakeholes.

If you are interested, Google "The Great Mound" Anderson Indiana

No sorry i dont have photos of Stone Henge or Larkhill Training Area.

Stone Henge is very disappointing, ok there is a lot of history there and it was an amazing feet of engineering but it is very small, there are far better stone circles around the country, still worth a visit though.

Ok, that's cool..., got any pics of the "good" stone circles?

Not familiar with Stone Hinge?

Yes, it was made right around the same time as the stone wheel and the stone axe... right? :D

Just playin with your typo. In case you haven't noticed yet, Mistwalker, I spend a great deal of energy amusing myself :)

Ok, that's cool..., got any pics of the "good" stone circles?

No sadly not, i have not been to any for many years, when i am out i always look for signs of our ancients but to be honest if you know what your looking for you dont have to look very hard, the UKs landscape was sculpted by man for thousands of years, he cut down the great forest around 5 thousand years ago.

Yes, it was made right around the same time as the stone wheel and the stone axe... right? :D

Just playin with your typo. In case you haven't noticed yet, Mistwalker, I spend a great deal of energy amusing myself :)

Well...., I've spent much more time in the woods than on computers..............., Ummmm...........,Also I am a carpenter so that spelling comes natural.........., ummmm................, and I can't help it that the E and the I are so darn close together................, I can start a fire in the rain though :D

Happy New Year, Adi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that's right, because of the time difference it is midnight over there isn't it. Happy New Year!!

My old lunch box I turned into my kit just broke the latch to hold it shut.  :cry:  Now I have to buy something else. The old kit is pretty heavy and full and I cant live without anything in there.  :blush:  so I have to find something else to put my stuff in.

Any suggestions?

My old lunch box I turned into my kit just broke the latch to hold it shut.   :cry:  Now I have to buy something else. The old kit is pretty heavy and full and I cant live without anything in there.   :blush:  so I have to find something else to put my stuff in.

Any suggestions?

How big was it?  Maybe just a small day-pack will do the trick?  Or maybe a small mil-issue pouch?

I'd go with a day pack or a small duffle bag with a shoulder-strap.  You'd have the same amount of room, but you'd also have an easier time carrying it if you have to hoof it.

Thanks Bob my buddy said he just bought a heavy plastic tool box like thing up at Farm King (farm supplies) that might work. I usually leave it in my truck and it gets banged around some (the reason its broke now) so Im not sure a bag will work. When I change viehicles I just grab the lunch box.

Oh well were off searching for the ideal storage box.  :wave: