WildSurvive Forum
Watcherofthewoods

What is the strangest thing you've seen outdoors?

burm.jpg

a 12 ft burmese python that weighed 75 lbs. We promptly jumped on it.

Not exactly strange since it was in the everglades but dang, thats just not North american at all!

~ I'll have to say, that guy holding the snakes tail!  LOL! 

he looks very strange indeed. What's that white thing on his head?  :unsure:   A snake egg?   :P

That guy looks like the nerdiest dude of the bunch.........  totally HOT.   :naughty: :whistle:  (I like nerdy guys... what can I say?)   :smoke:  I bet he even knows that snakes scientific name....    cool14.gif

You better be glad that Python wasn't bigger, he might have eaten one of you!   :woot:

OMG! Please don't tell me that's a light on his head!  :thumbsup:  He just jumped up ten points on my hot nerd-O-meter if it is. 

Smart/techno-dudes in the woods....  What's not to love about that?  :smoke:

is he single?  (Nevermind, that doesn't matter.)    :naughty:

Trolling I call it.   :whistle:  Making luv   :scared:  shocking just shocking.( did you get any pictures)   :unsure:

yea

Below is a picture of something kentuckyWoodsman and I spotted on a trail in Va. some time back.

We was around 2 miles or more in when we saw it.

Now some would find it to be a MIRAGE, some a gift from God.

Luckily for us we didnt have to use it, but it was strange to see it that far along the trail.

phpOhClEyPM.jpg

the stranges thing i saw in the woods was behind a friends house where we camped and hiked day and night  well 1 night we are hiking and come upon the skeleton remains  8|of a cow picked completely clean bones glowed erie white in the night.must had been the trip for wild things we walked all  8|night just at day light came across a doe and fawn we stopped the fawn kept running circles around us even stopped at arms reach and stared into our eyes coolest most spiritual thing i ever felt in the woods.then we went back to camp and watched the sun rise before we hit

the sleeping bags.for a short nap 8|

My strangest in "urban woods": Two dudes having sex on a log.

Strangest in the real woods: Getting charged by wild llamas in the foothills of the Bolivian Altiplano.  I don't like llamas.

WELL...........mine is seeing the Rainbow People, in the middle of our trails ,down in the Shawnee Forest, doing their activities where everyone can see when they ride down the trail. They spend a week there ever so many years living FREE as they say............ Its quite a sight. Matter of fact.....they are there right now til Oct 14th. happy070.gif

Wow Im sorry I missed that one Tracker  :woot:  You weren't in San Francisco were you.  :P

A group of kids spent the night wondering threw the woods lost all night yelling help, they were partying and wondered off in the dark to do ??? . I had to laugh cause they were only 200 yards from their car the whole time, Just to high to know it :) lol

The NJ Pine Barrens are rumored to have all sorts of odd groups who don't want to be found. I have not come across them yet.

I found some odd symbols painted on some trees (Runes) This was after Blair witch came out. I used to see a lot of traffic after dark late at night on the power line roads. 

A guy with a skateboard lashed to his pack. We passed each other at least 10-15 miles from any pavement. Sure did look odd.And I was outbound.

I was out geocaching on a trail one time in the early fall and a squirrel was digging in the leaves, making a lot of noise.  I worked up really close to it and was not noticed until I was about 5 feet away.  It looked up and bolted, jumped for the little tree....and missed.  Landed with a thud, rolled, got up, looked around like "What the hell??" and scrambled off to another tree.

Another time, I was sitting in a tree stand, and a couple of squirrels were chasing around in the trees next too me.  All was going well, until I heard a thump and something hit the leaves below.  Looked down, one of the squirrels had fallen out of the tree and was laying on the ground dazed.  It got up, looked around confused and then scurried back up the a tree.

One of the strangest things I've seen was just last weekend.  Were hiking in the park with the family and a dozen cranes took off and made a ruckus I'd never heard before.  Sounded like howler monkeys doing their thing while strangling screaming people beating the air with their gigantic wings.  I've seen one or two before, but never that many together at once and making THAT much racket.  It was quite unnerving for about 6 or 8 seconds until they cleared the trees and I could see them.

One time I was over at K-Wood's place when we were kids (late teens).  We were sitting out in his front yard on a clear night, looking out across a small valley.  Suddenly a small, pale blue light--like a light a flashlight would focus on the ground but without seeing the 'beam'--ran from the top of the opposite ridge across the valley and right between K-Woods and me, and then back to the opposite ridge.  I sat there without saying anything thinking that my eyes were playing tricks on me.  K-Woods didn't say anything either, so I figured I'd imagined it.  A few moments later it happened again.  I looked over at K-Woods and asked, "Did you just see that light?"  With a lot of relief he said something like "You saw it too?!  I thought I was seeing things!"  or words to that effect.  It didn't happen again and I've never seen anything like it since.

One time I was over at K-Wood's place when we were kids (late teens).  We were sitting out in his front yard on a clear night, looking out across a small valley.  Suddenly a small, pale blue light--like a light a flashlight would focus on the ground but without seeing the 'beam'--ran from the top of the opposite ridge across the valley and right between K-Woods and me, and then back to the opposite ridge.  I sat there without saying anything thinking that my eyes were playing tricks on me.  K-Woods didn't say anything either, so I figured I'd imagined it.  A few moments later it happened again.  I looked over at K-Woods and asked, "Did you just see that light?"  With a lot of relief he said something like "You saw it too?!  I thought I was seeing things!"  or words to that effect.  It didn't happen again and I've never seen anything like it since.

That was one of the wildest things I have ever seen. Keep in mind this was before the time of laser pointers.

That was one of the wildest things I have ever seen. Keep in mind this was before the time of laser pointers.

~ This is interesting...  I LOVE weird stuff we saw when we were younger that we've kind of forgotten about! Seriously... you guys are WAY smarter than you were when you were teens. So What do you think it could've possibly been? (I still can't explain stuff that happened when I was younger.)  :nono:

Thanks for sharing.  :thumbup:

Honestly, I'm still puzzled about it.  If lasers came in blue (this was the late 80's) at the time I could almost believe that it was laser satellite mapping or some such thing.  But I don't know what it was, even to this day I can't explain it.

Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.  :P  (Loved Men in Black LOL)

I've seen a few weird things, but that would make my hair stand on end.

Doc

~ This is interesting...  I LOVE weird stuff we saw when we were younger that we've kind of forgotten about! Seriously... you guys are WAY smarter than you were when you were teens. So What do you think it could've possibly been? (I still can't explain stuff that happened when I was younger.)  :nono:

Thanks for sharing.  :thumbup:

I really wish I could tell you what I thought it was, but I don't have a clue. I have seen a lot and experienced a lot since then and have never seen anything like it again.

I think the most scared I have ever been in the woods was when I was walking a trail and saw a dead deer, looked like a Coyote kill.  The sky was very cloudy and there was a light wind.  Everything just seemed quiet and so still.  I felt like the world was closing in around me.  I got the hell out of there, it was freaky...

Otherwise...  Nothing really.  Haven't seen too many interesting things.