WildSurvive Forum
Watcherofthewoods

What is the strangest thing you've seen outdoors?

A deer head with rack stuck in a tree, it took me some time to work the rack out of the tree. No other bones were seen , the location was in a flood plain so they could have washed away. The rack was on the small side and about 5 feet off the ground.

When our old cabin was out in the woods of his Dad's, now ours. I woke up early before Swede, I heard the sound of, like two little kids holding hands walking outside the cabin. That's what i pictured it like, from the sound. Who would be out walking in the early morning, specially two small kids. The only thing I could see were two squirrels.

I swear I saw a red wolf once. I know coyotes and can easily tell a coyote when I see one. this was way to tall, way to lanky and way to red.  it stopped, locked eyes with me for a second or two, then continued on its way. 

That exact same thing happened to me years ago. He got up out of the big sloping ditch and took off running, stopped dead and turned to look right at me. Redish long hair bigger then a fox about the size of a big coyote. At first I thought it was a stray dog but you could tell it was wild. It was back far enough that coyotes weren't in Illinois yet. It was one of those "what the hell did I just see" moments.