WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

It's snowing here.  They are calling for 4-8 inches.  Just when I thought Spring had finally sprung :ranting:  A few yeas ago at this time we had a 5.2 earthquake hit our area.  It knocked a lot of chimneys down and busted pipes in peoples houses.  It even destroyed a few roads.  Earthquakes and tornados are extremely rare for our area.  When the earthquake hit we were down in Massachussets getting ready to start hiking the Long trail.  We thought it was a train shaking the motel we were staying at.  When we turned the news on it showed the center of the quake about 5 miles from where we lived.  I couldn't believe we felt it that far away.  Nature is amazing. :thumbup:

Swede has asked me to write a tutorial on trekking for the forum.  I'm really excited to get started on this.  I should have the first installment posted in a few days.

Swede has asked me to write a tutorial on trekking for the forum.  I'm really excited to get started on this.  I should have the first installment posted in a few days.

You go boy. Tell us all the trails you have trecked too Dave.

Yup thats turkey hunting. If there in the area their all over the place.

Do anything fun for Easter weekend? I took my kids out camping and they had to find thier eggs with a compass....thought it was a good orienteering lesson. Then, I hid their big chocolate bunny rabbit about a 1/4 mile from camp, put a waypoint on the gps and built a route to it, they had to go hike with the gps to go find it! They grumbled at first but had fun...

What a wonderful dad you are, Rocky!  :kiss:

So many people are getting snow right now!  I heard about the baseball game getting snowed out in Chicago. My husband has been in Ohio since Monday and it has snowed for five straight days up there.  Crazy spring weather.

Dave - Will this be a documentry, love story, horror story, or comedy? Either way, I can't wait for the first action packed episode. Bring it on!!

NO!  I like cooler weather!  Less bugs!  bobimbob, here in the South, the mosquitoes get so big, women have to hold on to their children so they won't be carried off...At night, if you're trying to enjoy a nice evening on your deck, if you don't sit within a glowing circle of citronella candles, you'll die...and if you DO sit within the sacred citronella circle, the mosquitoes buzz right outside of it in droves, their evil buzzing gaining in volume as hundreds of the bloodsuckers hover, just waiting for you to leave the circle...

LOL!!!  Our mosquitoes are so big, the Air Force is studying them to see how such large objects can keep themselves airborne...

Definitely a documentary.  Of course there will be lessons in there that will instill fear, joy and laughter for all.  I just hope everyone enjoy it.  It's just going to be a tutorial on how I do my trips and not so much a tutorial on how you should do it.

Where I come from one summer I was out fishing and the mosquitos got so bad I had to crawl under an old cast iorn kettle. They drilled through the kettle and I beat their beaks over and they flew off with the kettle. :o :unsure:

Guest taken by the wind...

~ And Dave, tell us about all the star Trek stories you've talked about with your fellow trekie fans while out Trekking the trails you have trekked! :thumbsup: :P

:rofl: :rofl: I wanna know the details Dave... like what do you take with you, and stuff, Okay? What's essential what's not. Stuff like that. :hugegrin: (along with all the amusing tales of humor and fear.) LOL!

Guest taken by the wind...

NO!  I like cooler weather!  Less bugs!  bobimbob, here in the South, the mosquitoes get so big, women have to hold on to their children so they won't be carried off...At night, if you're trying to enjoy a nice evening on your deck, if you don't sit within a glowing circle of citronella candles, you'll die...and if you DO sit within the sacred citronella circle, the mosquitoes buzz right outside of it in droves, their evil buzzing gaining in volume as hundreds of the bloodsuckers hover, just waiting for you to leave the circle...

~    :woot: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  yeah! and we all smell like cheap Ho's down here, cause we're all wearing Avon's Skin-so-Soft! LOL! EWWWWWW!!! because it stinks so bad, even the mosquitoes wont bite you!  :rofl:

~ And Dave, tell us about all the star Trek stories you've talked about with your fellow trekie fans while out Trekking the trails you have trekked!  :thumbsup: :P

:rofl: :rofl:  I wanna know the details Dave... like what do you take with you, and stuff, Okay? What's essential what's not. Stuff like that.  :hugegrin:  (along with all the amusing tales of humor and fear.) LOL!

As you wish evil mistress. :pray:  I wil lteach why I do the things I do with tales of Super Squirrells Misadventures.  They will be robust and thought provoking.  :woot: