WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

NOOOOOO  you could"t pay me enough to be in the gulf with a hurricane , a freind of mine sent me the pic but i"m not sure who he got it from

I can't imagine being that close to a hurricane and heading into it no less.

I've learned my lesson about hurricanes for andrew i wasnt very smart about it and stayed 10 miles from where it made landfall ,165 mph winds and gust to 175 all in the dark of night, it was the scarriest night of my life now i don't take any storms lighty

sorry my computers real slow, i live about 1 1/2 hours drive noth west from n. o., we had a lot of trees down and no power for 9 days but i wasn"t around to see it

http://www.snopes.com/photos/isabel.asp

Snopes take on the oil tanker heading for the storm.

Meteorologists (including Dr. Steve Lyons, the Weather Channel's hurricane expert) agree that the photos displayed above are not pictures of any hurricane at all, much less Hurricane Isabel, which struck the eastern United States in September 2003 — they  depict shelf clouds or wall clouds typically associated with severe thunderstorms and tornadoes rather than hurricanes, and the water in the first picture appears too smooth for the area of an approaching hurricane. (Even if these images did depict the approach of a hurricane, they're too old to be photographs of Hurricane Isabel — these same pictures were circulating as photographs of Hurricane Claudette back in July 2003 and of Cyclone Indigo in April 2003.)

Hurricanes Suck!!!

Vetern of: Georges, Floyd, Charlie, Frances, & Jean

Country side?

Hmmm where I live - that would be Bucharest - capital city of Romania - its a pretty big city, and people don't know eachother. Weird heh? :)

Well I was not born here, I was born in Transilvania, which is a northen-mountain region. The people are nice and the landscapes are breathtaking. :)

Okay folks, I am going to head out in a minute. Hope you all enjoy your stay. Bravo, a wonderful start here and I hope it grows into something you can be proud of.

You need to stir up some interest over there so you can have daytime members too. We don't want you sitting here talking to yourself all day.  :nono: