WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Guest taken by the wind...

~ thank God! I thought everyone had left!  ::)

Guest Lead Dog

I should have had more time to play here, but some jackass was beating up the database at work and caused us to start late.

~ the fire is no fun without friends to share it with.  :rolleyes:

~ What are you doing tonight Outofdoors? Did you get your computor problem taken care of Lead dog?

very true taken, 

hey when did the camping thread start?

Do you mean the campfire thread?

no looks like there is a camping thread started, i am guessing lost did it tonight.  I am glad i was just wondering when it started, i didnt see it earlier today so i am guessing recently.

~ Yeah, I just noticed it tonight when I got home from work OOD. I didn't notice it yesterday, so I guess it started today. Not sure. It looks good though doesn't it? I have the utmost respect for LOST... she is my Oak.

i am thrilled to have it here, i love camping and have a lot of experience with it, i also am always looking for new ideas.

i am thrilled to have it here, i love camping and have a lot of experience with it, i also am always looking for new ideas.

~ well I love camping too, Always have. But I never grew up around people who ever went camping. I don't know anything about it. That's why I was drawn to the Les Stroud Website to begin with. I just wanted to learn. I was a single mom for a long time myself, but I was too chicken to venture out and do stuff like that by myself with a kid. Plus back then I worked all the time. So it's just a passion I've never been able to pursue. My husband isn't into it. So I'm kind of stuck doing stuff he loves to do.

Guest Lead Dog

Any suggestions on how to keep myself awake?  I need to babysit this thing for several more hours.

I'm not a coffee drinker and already had a couple Pepsis for the caffiene.

HELP!

oh taken that stinks

maybe you need to take him out and show him it can be very comfortable and nice.  I have cousins that will take radios and what not to stay entertained.  Normally all i need is a fire a knife and a few beers at night to have a good time.  (knife and beer not at the same time lol)

oh taken that stinks

maybe you need to take him out and show him it can be very comfortable and nice.  I have cousins that will take radios and what not to stay entertained.  Normally all i need is a fire a knife and a few beers at night to have a good time.  (knife and beer not at the same time lol)

~ He has rheumatoid arthritis, it started in his twenties, and there's no way he would do it. He hurts just sleeping in a nice soft bed at night! If I accidently "tap" his foot at night... he is in BAD pain. I'm not kidding! He puts a huge body pillow between us so that I can't accidently touch him at night!  :woot: I'm dangerous!

:'( :(

Hey Taken, Out of Doors and Lead Dog,

I've been celebrating LEAF SEASON and away from my computer.  I hope you are all thriving.  I'm just waiting for the frost to melt off my car.  Air temps dropped from 71 to 39 in the last day.  Typically northeast weather.

JJ

WriterByNature.com

news.yahoo.com) – A Navy SEAL sacrificed his life to save his comrades by throwing himself on top of a grenade Iraqi insurgents tossed into their sniper hideout, fellow members of the elite force said.

Woodsman is a Navy seal.This story is  tragic but inspiring at the same time. This is where the true spirit of a warrior for the U.S. is and its a shame it was wasted on such an unnessary war. A true hero none the less. What ever your feelings about the Iraq war is its still a tragic loss to us all.

That only increases my respect for Woodsman and the sacrafices he made for our country.  :pray: :guns:

another amen, regaurdless of how you feel about the war, those are our brothers and sisters, husbands and wives, daughters and sons.  We owe it to them to give them our support. They put their lives on the line for us, we need to show thanks to them.

Guest Lead Dog

It took you 5.5 hours to make a fire?  Or did it take that long because you were showing him the steps?

How did you make the fire?  Method?  Materials?