WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Guest Lead Dog

Good morning, all!

And welcome Aunt Treasure Chest!

Good Morning Holly, Treasure Chest, Dave and Lead Dog.

I'm heading out soon - just finished soaking white oak acorns.  It's getting chilly up here - good for making stew.

Looks like rain here for a few days. Beautiful changing of the seasones going on around here. Good campfire weather and the best time of the year for camping where sitting around a fire is almost esential. There are big changes going on around here where Mrs Swede and I are planning our lives for retirement. I didnt plan for what I would be doing after working my whole life away. Any suggestions?? :/

Looks like rain here for a few days. Beautiful changing of the seasones going on around here. Good campfire weather and the best time of the year for camping where sitting around a fire is almost esential. There are big changes going on around here where Mrs Swede and I are planning our lives for retirement. I didnt plan for what I would be doing after working my whole life away. Any suggestions?? :/

Have fun?  Travel?  Adopt a squirrel! :squirrel:

This is Holly's aunt.  She is on her way back to NC now.  We had a great visit.  Writter by Nature --what is acorn stew - like....where's the beef? 

We didn't have any electronics with us on the cave trip.  The walk there is pretty rugged and there was a lot of sliding and tree grabbing.  Also, the climb back up to the top of the ridge involved a lot of heavy breathing and swearing.  We both are out of shape. 

Hello Treasure Chest. :wave:  Glad to hear You both had a great time.  I'd had loved to be there to see that cave.  Is it one not to many people know about or is it pretty popular?

Guest taken by the wind...

~ hmmm.... have fun? Travel, adopt a squirrel? That sounds like a lot of fun to me! I don't think I wanna wait for retirement to do all that though... :naughty: :P:D :squirrel: :love:

Guest Lead Dog

Hi, Dave & Taken!

Did you have a good weekend?

This is Holly's aunt.  She is on her way back to NC now.  We had a great visit.  Writter by Nature --what is acorn stew - like....where's the beef? 

We didn't have any electronics with us on the cave trip.  The walk there is pretty rugged and there was a lot of sliding and tree grabbing.  Also, the climb back up to the top of the ridge involved a lot of heavy breathing and swearing.  We both are out of shape. 

~ Hi Holly's Aunt! Holly? Swearing? Why I never!!!  :woot: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm glad she's going back to N.C. I think I'm gonna go see her this week!

~ I know Dave... It's sad when I go back to read the campfire, and it's like four posts long! What's up with all that? Do other people actually have BETTER things to do or something??  8|

Guest Lead Dog

I was really surprised by the lack of activity last night.  :(

~ Hey Lead Dog!! No... I worked all weekend long. But I guess I had fun. I'm reading the Dog Whisperer's book! It's really good.

Guest Lead Dog

Sorry to hear you worked this weekend.  But you were not alone.  I worked all day Friday and Saturday too.  I would be working today if my son's christening wasn't this afternoon.

I am looking forward to reading that book.  My wife still hasn't finished it.  It's not like watching two young children would take away from reading time.  :D

Cool.  You and Holly are going to hang out.  Have you met her before? 

~ No! I've never met her, but I've talked to her before. (on the phone!)      My husband has to go to Charlotte for business, so I figured if I tag along (only I'd have to take my own car because I have to work Thurs.) I could meet her! I'd love to just walk into her office and play a prank on her. (she'd never know it was me!)  :whistle: :woot:

~ Lead Dog... I finished it today at work, because I bought that book for a friend. She's the one who bought me that Tom Petty Concert ticket, and she refused to let me pay her back. So I got her that book because she loves that guy! She thinks he's so hot! Plus she has a bulldog who chews up every new purse she buys. I told her she was gonna have to quit playing tug-of-war with him... CEASAR as spoken!!!  :rofl: :rofl: