WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Where I come from it's pronounced "Croppy"....they taste too damned good for me to call them crappy!!

~ Where I come from they taste good too, but we still call them crappies!  LOL!  With a name like that, you'd BETTER taste good!  :whistle:

GOOD LUCK!!!

~ good luck Misty!  :arigato:

Thanks, I made t back safe and sound  :hugegrin:

Well...crappy is what they call them down in my dad's hometown Alabama which is about an hour or so N.W. of where Taken lives and if I remember right....that's what I heard the fishermen of South Georgia call them also....must be a deep south thing lol. My dad calls them croppy...his dad calls them crappy but I've never heard them argue over who is right and we (Me, my dad, grandpa and all my uncles) have all sat around our favorite croppy hole on the Chattahoochee River with our cane poles and a boatload of minnows pulling out buckets of croppy so...whatever you call them they are my favorite freshwater fish.

just checking in moved to the country and working on my little old slave quarters trying to fix it up.then I'm going to learn to hunt and skin what can i say its a early mid life crises 

Yes.....CROPPY (singular).......CROPPIES (plural )......Dont know where he's getting the crappy sh - - !

The genus name Pomoxis derives from the Greek πώμα (cover, plug, operculum) and οξύς (sharp). The common name (also spelled croppie or crappé), derives from the Canadian French crapet, which refers to many different fishes of the family Centrarchidae. Note that the plural form of the name, crappies, tends not to be used, by analogy with fishes, except to refer to types of crappie. Other names for crappies are papermouths, calico bass, strawberry bass, white perch, specks, speckled perch, sac-a-lait (in southern Louisiana)[9], rock bass and Oswego bass.

Are you still having heating problems SARdoc? I looked at your web cam an all I saw was snow.  :o

Still having problems, would love to tear all this out and put in a wood stove but I do not own the house and my landlord is in Florida where it is warmer

~ "Hey Mickey You so fine.... you so fine you blow my mind hey mickey!

Hey Mickey!"

this stupid song from the 80's has been in my head ALL Day! :glare: and I have NO idea why! :mad:

I don't know how it got IN there. :nono: And I have NO Idea how to get it OUT. :cry: :help:

I hated it way back then, and I hate it today! :thumbdown:

Hey taken the best way I have found to get a song out of your head is to tell someone else about it, then they start thinking of the song and it gets stuck in their head. works for me

just checking in moved to the country and working on my little old slave quarters trying to fix it up.then I'm going to learn to hunt and skin what can i say its a early mid life crises 

Gotta love the country!  Good luck!

Morning folks, wow, my day is busy until 1:30 in the afternoon, gonna be a long day!

Hi everyone!  It's trying to drop a little light snow this morning, just a thin dusting in most places right now and the roadways are clear.  Temperature seems to be averaging around 35F right now. 

BTW, around here in most of East Ky most people call 'em croppie.... :P

not bad man.....hey radio question

??

you know those big white drum lookin things on the radio towers, are those even in use anymore

not bad man.....hey radio question

??

you know those big white drum lookin things on the radio towers, are those even in use anymore

Depends upon the station.  Some are microwave dishes to direct a signal at a specific target, others are receivers for network feeds like Fox, ABC, CBS news, etc.  Some of the towers you're seeing are probably cellular towers or repeater towers. 

well im seeing more and more of the with tattered canvas.........and i dont believe they work without that in place.......kinda wierd

Yeah, it can be costly to hire the contractors to come out and repair anything on a tower.  The dish may still work, so many companies will have a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude and will put off having the covers repaired until absolutely necessary.

new survivorman starts trommrow at 8pm.......sweeeeeet

antyone know where he will be located?

Season 3, and I think the first episode would be the Sierra Nevadas?  I think...my memory isn't the best (which my wife takes great pleasure in reminding me of...).