WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Guest blacksmith

good just getting colder up here ice on the bay this morning

Some light snow and plenty of ice anywhere water has run across the roadway.  It'll be a fun trip home tonight...I've already had one wreck today and I really don't want another!

Guest blacksmith

yeah we had a bad one when we had all the snow here just be careful driving home 

I just can't figure out why people just won't slow down in this weather.  I think they believe what they see in new car commercials, you know how they show these cars running at high speed on wet pavement or through the snow.  I guess they believe they can drive like that, too!

Guest blacksmith

yeah I think you are right and 4x4s are not going to help

LOL!  I've seen quite a few get overconfident and lose control with a 4x4.  The snow and ice may let you get up to speed, but when it comes time to stop or steer....lookout!

Guest blacksmith

yeah I have seen it to well have to run time to work on the fire truck tonight

:wave: Hi Mist...... Doin good right now.....Was out earlier this evening and it was cold. But its better now with all this wood heat..... :thumbup:

Cold down here too. Went for a walk yesterday I'll try to upload the pics tonight or tomorrow. Right now I gotta go get something for my honey and I'm pretty tired tonight. Take care and keep warm up there.

I am doing ok. I haven't been outside since 8 PM and it wasn't that cold to me. But then again I was shoveling my drive in a sweatshirt.

How 'bout government/corporate conspiracy theory?  Or bigfoot?  UFO's?   ;)

Hey KB I took a drive up one of the mountain passes this evening to see how far I could make it up the road and went off into the woods near one of the campgrounds and found a set of tracks in the snow crossing the trail of something walking on two feet with an eighteen inch foot and a four foot stride, I may go back up there tomorrow and take some pictures in the day time.

I also managed to do a one man rescue on the way up there, A guy flagged me down with a flashlight and had his three year old son with him and told me that his car was stuck about a quarter mile up one of the side roads. I gave him a ride to his two wheel drive car and pulled him out. He said he was going to one of his favorite campsites to show his son how to start a camp fire and had not told anyone where he was going. That could have turned out bad , there was no other traffic on that road and it was six miles to the highway in twenty degree weather ( city folks ) I kind of doubt he would have been able to light a fire in this cold

Morning folks, I made it back in one peice, just a little stuff because of my funky skiing style lol

Skiing was a blast!  We got there just to see this beautiful sun set, I wish I had had my camera.  Then I took lessons for an hour or so, because last time I skied I was HORRIBLE.  Then after that I was cruising the slopes, only fell 6 times, 4 of them on 1 run lol, it was right after lessons and I still wasn't quite used to it and my friends started going down this harder one, so of course I had to try it too.  4 falls, on one of them, then skis didn't seperate from the boots so I am going down this really steep hill on my butt on the skis  :rofl:

After that though I got pretty good, can't wait until I can go again!