WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Thanks Doro and Holly :)

Today I went out to check out my tarp I set up yesterday for rendevouz.  Well, it rained right in :rant:  So this morning a friend and I re set it up.  Then it turns out that the tarp is leaking too, the waterproofing isn't on all the way in some spots, DAMN!!!!  So now I have 2 cups set up collecting dripping water.  I ran back home and got some warmer clothes and some things I forgot and am headed back over soon.  Talk to you all Sunday night!

We now have 3.5 inches since five this morning and more on the way. We may be looking at record flooding. If the dam on Oak Run Lake breaks- well were toast.    :cry:  I better tie a boat up to the back porch.  scared011.gif

Guest blacksmith

We now have 3.5 inches since five this morning and more on the way. We may be looking at record flooding. If the dam on Oak Run Lake breaks- well were toast.    :cry:  I better tie a boat up to the back porch.   scared011.gif

wow that is a lot a boat would be real good hope it stops soon

good morning AW how are you

Guest blacksmith

thinking of going and helping your dad with the green house

Here is our Spoon River chart for the flood stage.  We are going to see some major flooding ,as we have had 4 inches of rain today and 3/4 inch yesterday.... and still rainning. The small creeks, ditches, and crop fields are full of water. Not a pretty site here right now...

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/river.php?wfo=ilx&wfoid=18732&riverid=204350&view=1%2C1%2C1%2C1%2C1%2C1%2C1%2C1&toggles=10%2C7%2C8%2C2%2C9%2C15%2C6&pt%5B%5D=144200&allpoints=144200%2C142958&data%5B%5D=hydrograph&data%5B%5D=impacts&data%5B%5D=probstage&data%5B%5D=stage&data%5B%5D=flow&data%5B%5D=sitemap&submit=Make+my+River+Page%21

Here is our Spoon River chart for the flood stage.  We are going to see some major flooding ,as we have had 4 inches of rain today and 3/4 inch yesterday.... and still rainning. The small creeks, ditches, and crop fields are full of water. Not a pretty site here right now...

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/river.php?wfo=ilx&wfoid=18732&riverid=204350&view=1%2C1%2C1%2C1%2C1%2C1%2C1%2C1&toggles=10%2C7%2C8%2C2%2C9%2C15%2C6&pt%5B%5D=144200&allpoints=144200%2C142958&data%5B%5D=hydrograph&data%5B%5D=impacts&data%5B%5D=probstage&data%5B%5D=stage&data%5B%5D=flow&data%5B%5D=sitemap&submit=Make+my+River+Page%21

This was at 17.93 when I first posted it at 1:33:33 pm today. and right now at 18.61, so it has raised almost another foot.in two hours +.

We have more rain coming for the weekend.  other0112.gif

Swede! Watch that river coming up in town..... you may see some water.....  other0078.gif

Guest smallgamehunter

we got alot of rotation here looks like it could get real fun outside

we got alot of rotation here looks like it could get real fun outside

You had some t-storms roll through that had some hail that was reported around you and some downed powerlines and a semi trailer got tipped over.

The Spoon River here in our town will crest tomorrow morning at estimated 27 foot 12 foot over 15 foot flood stage.  :scared:  Its possible the quarry I worked at on Cedar Creek will break through the levees and flood the pit. 

Sounds like a new fishing lake.  :whistle:

All the rain you have gotten out there has really hurt the farmers again. The corn crop is gone for the most part. Gee maybe they should ask for a bail-out like the banks. They deserve it more than the banks or automakers

We have had rain here earlier, that has moved off. 2% chance of tornadoes today, 5% down by the cabin. Now I am waiting for the second round of showers to arrive

Actually it's a old farm house. And I don't have any pics of it.

Well I am waiting for the rain. Then my headache will go away  wacky078.gif

RT. 116 is closed south of town as Spoon River has come over the main highway. Sharen will have to go east six miles to catch 97 north and go around through Maquon and back west to get to work. The river is now supposed to crest at 27.5 ft.

There is the possibility of frost here tonight so lots of stuff will get frost bit. We will have to drag in the flowers and plants on the deck. We will have to wait to see what damage will be to the crops that are in the ground and how long it will be till planting can begin again. Its getting late.

The State Police were in town this morning looking for Haw Creek bridge north east of town as a lady has gone missing last seen trying to cross water over the road. They couldnt get close enough to even see if thats where she is but likely shes out in the flooded fields hopefully still in the car as looking for a body wont be a pleasant task. (been there done that)

Guest blacksmith

morning all

wow Swede it sounds real bad there

Swede I feel for all of you with all the rain you have gotten. And when will people learn that you can't drive through water like that.  doh.gif