WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

If he doesn't, Doro, there must be something wrong with him!

I've got a summer cold, started Sat night and I thought it was just my allergies.  By Sunday I had a low-grade fever and the snot-taps were wide open.  Monday I felt like I'd been monkey-stomped.  Today is better and I just feel lousy.

Awwww...poor K-Bob! :hug:

Howdy folks, checkin in from the hotel...  Been a long day!  We went through Minnesota, South Dakota, then the Badlands, and are now in Wyoming.  We leave tommorow morning for Yellowstone.  I already took 365 pics... lol

I wont be on for the next 3-5 days, take care all!!!

Hi sK....Glad you landed safely..... How long did it take you to get to the badlands from home? How to see a lot of pics when you get back....

If he doesn't, Doro, there must be something wrong with him!

I've got a summer cold, started Sat night and I thought it was just my allergies. By Sunday I had a low-grade fever and the snot-taps were wide open. Monday I felt like I'd been monkey-stomped. Today is better and I just feel lousy.

~ You might have Swine flu K-Bob! :whistle:

You've just listed all the symptoms. And.... for most folks it's just mild like you described. (Most people don't even seek medical attention.) Plus.... it's on the rise right now. Consider yourself lucky. If it mutates this Fall, your body will be WAY ahead of ANY vaccine they try to come up with. :thumbsup:

You'll be a SURVIVOR............   8|

hey every one how are things going ? things are going ok so far as of right now next monday i will be released to do towing on my own. im not going to be dong any thing major yet mostly taking cars to the local junk yard because i still have alot of training to go threw before ill be able to safely tow customers cars or go to the scene of an accident to clean it up. oh yeah before i forget i got a lock out kit which is used to unlock vehicles and i should start my training on that tomorrow.one of these days in the near future  ill have to post all of the pictures i have  from the farm ad a couple of my truck 

hillbilly, it sounds like you are well on your way to a good career!  I am so proud of you!!!  :thumbsup: 

~ You might have Swine flu K-Bob!  :whistle:

You've just listed all the symptoms. And.... for most folks it's just mild like you described. (Most people don't even seek medical attention.)  Plus.... it's on the rise right now. Consider yourself lucky. If it mutates this Fall, your body will be WAY ahead of ANY vaccine they try to come up with.  :thumbsup: 

You'll be a SURVIVOR............   8|

Yep, I sure thought of that!  Monday I was as sore as a stepped-on snake!  I lay on the couch all day long, Tuesday I still didn't want to go to work, and today I'm still congested but the cough has started.  Ugh!

hey every one how are things going ? things are going ok so far as of rght now next monday i will be released to do towing on my own. im not going to be dong anny thing major yet mostly takeing cars to the local junk yard because i still hae alot of training to go threw befor ill be able to safely tow customers cars or go to the sean of an axcedent to clean it up. oh yah befor i forget i got a lok out kit wich is used to unlock vehicles and i should start my training onthat tomarrow.one ofe these days inthe near future  ill have to post all of the pictures i have  from the farm ad a couple of my truck

Congrats, HB!  Glad things are moving along for you!

Hello KB, Hope you feel better soon my friend.

Thanks, I'm getting there slowly but surely.

Hey everyone, just got back to a puter, haven't really posted since I joined, just wanted to hello to everyone.

Coty

Ive got the air conditioner on tonight. So much for humidity.  :thumbup:

hey every one I got  lock out kit for unlocking customer cars and acctually got my training for that new skill started today. so far I love my job kinda tired of taking junk  cars to the junk yard but I got to start at the bottom of the ladder. but I still enjoy it. I cant wait to start getting calls to accidents and other tows to add some more spice to my job.for now im working only 4 days with the tow yard but should be going to 5 days soon. oh and before I forget  the training ill be getting in the wreck master series will get me certified  nation wide and in canada.  s im excited I should be starting leval one in about a month. well gotta run

hillbilly, I love hearing about your job.  It sounds exciting! :yes: You will meet so many people who are scared, upset, unsure, and nervous over what has happened to their vehicle.  You have the opportunity to be their "rock" during a really stressful time.  You can help them feel so much better by assuring them that everything will be fine and you will get them to where they need to be. 

I'm glad you are taking pride in what you do.  It's an important job, every part of it.  Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Oh, and speaking of jobs...

The bank where I work is going through a merger with Wells Fargo and everything is rather chaotic right now.  As a contract employee, I have no idea from day to day how long I will be there.  But yesterday, five of us contract underwriters were asked if we could take over some teams of mortgage loan processors and be their "underwriting support".  I was given a team of 18 processors to assist with their files.  I set up a quick meeting at 9 this morning just to introduce myself to them and to meet them.  I'm bringing bagels and doughnuts.  :hugegrin:

I received some interesting news Tuesday.  As some of you might remember, some time back the company started a push to make our website into something we could really use.  The idea was to be able to put photo galleries, more local links and news, bio's of station personel, etc, on the site in a timely manner.  The company dropped the ball.  The people who were supposed to get the project going just never could get the support to do it right.  Evidently, things are changing.

We have a new guy at home office who's supposed to coordinate with us to start working on improvements.  We still won't be able to stream music because it would cost a lot of money just for licensing (record companies want paid if we put their music over the net).  We will get to put live broadcasts over the air--ballgames, Swap Shop, Tuesday Morning Roundtable, and things like that on the website.  We should also be able to archive things like news, special programs, and other items on the site. 

It should be interesting to see where we are by fall with this new emphasis on the website.

okay well, I don' really know a place to post this so I'll just ask here, does anyone know any place in New Jersey, where I could go out camping, I've been having trouble finding a nice spot, and not the pine barrens, my friend is scarred of the Jersey Devil :/ 

okay well, I don' really know a place to post this so I'll just ask here, does anyone know any place in New Jersey, where I could go out camping, I've been having trouble finding a nice spot, and not the pine barrens, my friend is scarred of the Jersey Devil :/  

Rombus, what is the Jersey Devil?  :scared:

I received some interesting news Tuesday.  As some of you might remember, some time back the company started a push to make our website into something we could really use.  The idea was to be able to put photo galleries, more local links and news, bio's of station personel, etc, on the site in a timely manner.  The company dropped the ball.  The people who were supposed to get the project going just never could get the support to do it right.  Evidently, things are changing.

We have a new guy at home office who's supposed to coordinate with us to start working on improvements.  We still won't be able to stream music because it would cost a lot of money just for licensing (record companies want paid if we put their music over the net).  We will get to put live broadcasts over the air--ballgames, Swap Shop, Tuesday Morning Roundtable, and things like that on the website.  We should also be able to archive things like news, special programs, and other items on the site. 

It should be interesting to see where we are by fall with this new emphasis on the website.

K-Bob, it sounds like a good opportunity to reach more listeners.  But then you'll just get more "Is there skuuuuuul tuh-daaaay?" on snow days. :rofl: