WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Yep. gets mighty cold in the winter also.

And mosquitos the size of your hand. My experience from being at Eielson AFB. Funny thing too, goin out on a biking trip there was a downed bush plane that looked to be there about 20 years. It was "matter of fact" from what the guide said. No resources to remove it, just let it decay.

Sorry campies, lousy net and no laptop. I type 5 sentencses before i see them show up.

Dave!  How many domain names do you need?  LOL!

i'm telling you I have a problem... I need help.

no i'm letting theking648.com expire and i'm going to keep silvercg as my blog and alpinecave as my new project....

wana guess?  my idea was to turn alpinecave into an outdoor retail website.

I have the great idea of selling bug out bags to college students and women in offices.  I bought the domain name www.mybugoutbag.com and registered the trademark name.  I did all this last year when I had a job and money.  :grin:

Darn it!  I broke another car this week!  :mad:

I have the worst luck when it comes to vehicles!  It doesn't matter if I drive one brand new off the lot or buy one used from a friend, it will break down on me within the first couple of months and then about three times a year from that point on.  I am cursed.  :dead:

I gave my Dodge Neon to Ashley last month.  My aunt Gail loaned me her Honda.  I've had it about two months.  This weekend, I couldn't get it out of "Park".  The gear shift is totally locked.  I tried pushing the car back and forth to unlock it but that didn't work.  I even bounced the car up and down, hoping that would help, but it didn't. 

In the meantime, my parents have given me my grandmother's old Ford Tempo.  I was driving down the highway today when the front end starting shaking and I smelled something burning.  I pulled over and white smoke was coming out from around the front tire.  :o  I managed to drive it to my mechanic.  I am praying it's something simple! 

Anyway, that's so typical of me with cars.  :P

first two guesses...

honda: sounds like the shifter cable is broken... that is if they use them on that type of car could be too new.

ford: parking break, or road cone???? LOL or something to lock up the break

Howdy campies...  Had a horrible day...  Girl friend dumped me after 5 days...  Really thought we had something, it was really hard to get through the day.

Ok, I'm off my whineing wagon.  Time to shoot zombies!

Howdy campies...  Had a horrible day...  Girl friend dumped me after 5 days...  Really thought we had something, it was really hard to get through the day.

Ok, I'm off my whineing wagon.  Time to shoot zombies!

Awwwww...I'm sorry, SK!  :console:  Well, she's the loser if you want my opinion!  :yes:

first two guesses...

honda: sounds like the shifter cable is broken... that is if they use them on that type of car could be too new.

ford: parking break, or road cone???? LOL or something to lock up the break

I think you are exactly right, King.  :yes:  I thought the brake on the Ford may have been involved because the car started pulling to one side when I tried braking.  I swear, I thought I had set the car on fire! :rofl:

Guest blacksmith

yeah been working on the cabin so have not been in town

Guest blacksmith

yeah it is may go out in the morning again

Oops!  Time for my walk!  I'm trying to get back into the habit of walking each evening.  I get so lazy sometimes.  :grin:

I'll stop by later! :wave:

Darn it!  I broke another car this week!  :mad:

I have the worst luck when it comes to vehicles!  It doesn't matter if I drive one brand new off the lot or buy one used from a friend, it will break down on me within the first couple of months and then about three times a year from that point on.  I am cursed.  :dead:

I gave my Dodge Neon to Ashley last month.  My aunt Gail loaned me her Honda.  I've had it about two months.  This weekend, I couldn't get it out of "Park".  The gear shift is totally locked.  I tried pushing the car back and forth to unlock it but that didn't work.  I even bounced the car up and down, hoping that would help, but it didn't. 

In the meantime, my parents have given me my grandmother's old Ford Tempo.  I was driving down the highway today when the front end starting shaking and I smelled something burning.  I pulled over and white smoke was coming out from around the front tire.  :o  I managed to drive it to my mechanic.  I am praying it's something simple! 

Anyway, that's so typical of me with cars.  :P

Its possible you have to step on the brake peddle to get it out of park. If that doesnt work its the switch that keeps it from going into gear without your foot on the brake.

The Tempo has a hanging caliper (brake part that pushes the brake pad out) Your brake pads must need replaced. When the pads get worn down the cylinder on the caliper extends too far and than wont release. The problem here may be a warped rotor that may need replaced along with pads and a caliper.If your lucky the rotor will be OK.

Well, that doesn't sound too bad, Swede! :hug:

I tried stomping on the brake pedal and pushing the car back and forth to see if that sensor switch may have been stuck.  My neighbors must think I'm a crazy woman with all that jumping up and down in the seat and then jumping up and down on the front of the car.  :rofl:

I loved my walk this evening.  I walked right up to two deer crossing the road in my apartment complex.  They seemed completely unafraid of me and walked calmly right in front of me. 

Last night, two owls were going at it in the trees outside my window.  It's amazing how loud they can get!  Hey...where was Taken by the wind around 2:00 am?  :unsure: 

I also have those cute little lizards hanging around the front of my apartment building.  I love the ones with the blue striped tail. 

It's so nice to have so much nature all around me, even though I'm in the city.  :yes:

Update:  I HAVE A JOB!!!  :thumbsup:

I got the call today from a lender in Charlotte.  I'll be starting a new job on September 25th.  THANK YOU, GOD!!!