WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Hey, folks!  :wave:  We just had a delicious meal cooked in Gail's new Cobb grill.  It's so cool!  You put about six charcoal briquets in the bottom, light them up until they are white, then put the food in a wok-shaped pan directly over the coals and cover it up.  Tonight, we did meatloaf with carrots and potatoes.  It was really yummy.

The story behind the Cobb grill is that women in Africa who had to go long distances looking for firewood were getting accosted by rebel soldiers.  This grill was invented to help them to be able to prepare a whole meal using just a handful of coal or wood so they wouldn't have to go so far from home looking for firewood.  I think that's such an amazing story!  

hi everyone just saying I'm behind on the reading post and ill be more behind good news is that I'm moving..........again its only the 4th or 5th time sense last year but got a job ya me 

Good news my friend.  :thumbup:

Holly fire wood was the problem with any ancient civilization. Eventually all the readily available fire wood was used up. They called it "squaw wood" in later years. I think that was the down fall of the Cahokia Mounds civilization. Not only wood but all the other wild commodities in the area. Eventually it took too long to obtain the things they needed. 

Well, hell week is here!  The Mountain Heritage Festival starts this week and Monday night is the (Lack of) Talent Show.  :nono:

:rofl:  K-Bob, you KNOW you love this time of year when the Talent Show rolls around.  :woot:

if only my enemies knew how to calm me down... put a guitar in my hands and all my worries go away. 

some poor person is going to get a wrath of sh!# tomorrow. one of my classes was dropped without reason or warning, even my professor for that class was stumped.

i was furrious untill i took it out on my guitar. also picked up a 3rd stirng (g string, funny I know) for my acustic and have been playing that all weekend.. my mom sure loved that.... well she said it wasn't loud and didn't bother her but i know it does.... thats probably why i kept doing it. LOL

so for your listening pleasure

If I practiced for the rest of my life I could never play like that King.  :'(

Morning all  :wave: It looks like rain for the rest of the week. Now my tree isnt going to get cut down any time soon. Its rotten at the base and if it falls down you can kiss my neighbors garage good by and his antique tractor along with it.  doh.gif

puppies.gif

My finger hurts!  I accidently stabbed the tip of it with my scissors.  Okay, so I was using them as a hole punch...I didn't know they were going to slip and go through the end of my finger!   :cry:

The good news is you wont lose your finger unless gang green sets in.

The bad news is its going to hurt worse tomorrow and the next day and the next day and you will keep hitting it on things.  :P

My finger hurts!  I accidently stabbed the tip of it with my scissors.  Okay, so I was using them as a hole punch...I didn't know they were going to slip and go through the end of my finger!  :cry:

Time for safety scissors

My finger hurts!  I accidently stabbed the tip of it with my scissors.  Okay, so I was using them as a hole punch...I didn't know they were going to slip and go through the end of my finger!   :cry:

and how old are you? LOL  thats like looking down the barrel of a gun to see if it's loaded.

happy097.gif

and how old are you? LOL  thats like looking down the barrel of a gun to see if it's loaded.

happy097.gif

I'm 47 years old, thank you very much!  :mad:  And even I know to close one eye when squinting into the barrel so I won't put that one out too!  :P