WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Whew, between working on a wood plaque for my girl friend and homework I'm runnin on 6 hours average sleep a night, and I'm TIRED!!!!!!  Ugh, off to do homework, and every three hours I have to get up and put a new coat of stain and then polyurethane on it...

Woo Hoo I got my Franklin stove hooked up today and its working great. I had to reduce the chimney pipe from 8 inches to 6 because of the hole in the chimney. It smoked pretty bad so I had to chisel out the bricks to fit the 8 and now it doesnt smoke. Now Swedes neighbor, has my grill that fits into the stove, manufacturing a bracket that I managed to lose over the years. Than I will do a cooking demo with the Franklin.  scared011.gif    :thumbup:

Very cool, Sweedie-Pie!  :hug:  I can't wait to see the cooking demo!  :thumbsup:

I need to get a fireplace set for my apartment.  I made a little fire the other night, then realized I didn't have a poker (no smarty-pants comments, you guys! :P), so I used one of my cheap Dollar Store kitchen knives to stir up the embers.  Needless to say, the cheap plastic handle didn't survive the experience.  :grin:

The grill swings out and we used to make some great steaks on that thing. It has some thing to do with really high heat that sears the meat or some thing. Plus theres a handle that fits on the same swinging brackets that holds a cast iron pot like a dutch oven that makes great soups. I can also use my camp fire oven on the grill to bake biscuits or pies or stuff like that.

Were surviving. Working on the farm home a lot this year as we might move out there soon.

Im glad your efforts are being rewarded my friend. What a great adventure.  See ya tomorrow.  :wave:

i might actualy be caught up on work. so I might have a free weekend.  which is good because I have about 25 flies to tie for next week.  I don't see how some of these old farts can turn out 60 flies a day.. 25 is enough to make me go crazy and cross eyed.

anyone have an effects pedal for sale? lol  it's starting to get hard to switch on and off distortion during a song with my toes.

also yes i haven't been working on the front page. I normaly only spend an hour a week on here so i'll get something going this weekend... then i have to update my site as well.

.........hmm......... dang did i say i had a free weekend, guess not well i guess I better go back to work.. and then I have to get up in 5 hours.