WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

Guest smallgamehunter

28 degrees outside windchill is 10 degrees winds out of the north west at 30mph with wind gusts up to 52 mph

Guest smallgamehunter

looks like its gonna be a cold and windy day in the st louis metro

Winter has definitely arrived here today. My cat demanded to go out at 3-30 this morning and when I got up at 6-30 to let him back in he was one cold animal.   :sad:  Hes passed out on the couch right now.   :P

The wind is howling out there and horizontal snow blowing by. Temps are dropping fast. Hibernating time.    scared011.gif

Guest smallgamehunter

we got wind gust up to 50 we dont have snow yet but im sure it will be here soon

well we just got the 80km winds.......and rain all day, its gonna drop to neg 7 cel tongiht, its all goona freeze and 10-15 cms of snow....i might be MIA for a couple mdays, but who knows

Guest smallgamehunter

never could understand the metric system :nono:

5-6 inches

30cm is a foot

conversion for me....is take the celcius temp, double it, add 32....then you get the ferhenheit conversion just fine

Guest smallgamehunter

that would be interesting to find out exactly how that works

i have no idea....been using that method since i was a kid

well, i wonder....neg 10 celcius......doublit....neg 20....add 32....is 12.........does that make sense?

Guest smallgamehunter

well according to that its -12*c here with the windchill

and winds at 64km an hr

snowing like crazy here... started last night, wind blowing and drifting. already got 6 inches on Monday, another 6 today. supposed to warm up above freezing with rain by afternoon. Have some guests staying over and they may be here another day if we get freezing rain.

Guest smallgamehunter

sounds like a fun time to be in canada or the midwest today

im stuck 90 mins outside of town, i packed a psk before dropping it into the car in my camel back..........getting stuck on the highway for a bunch of hours i will be making a fire and i will no doubt be there for the evening, as tow truck would be in high demand, coworkers think im mad........i just laugh and think of them dealing with exposure.lol

Guest smallgamehunter

thats why its good to own a tractor or a tow truck this time of year

when i was 16 or 17, i was out at my cousins, mom was away for a few days, and i was just outside city limits shooting the guns and bbqing........seemed like a good week at the cousins house.........he is about 8 years older than me.........we got hit by a storm, a couple feet in about 4 hours....and it wasnt letting up, he was a 2 min drive form a major highway the 401.........we hopped on the quads with winches and were pulling people out..........we biurned 2 tanks each that night..........froze our butts off, but got alot of families and kids off the road.

people wanted to pay us like 50 bucks to do it......we wouldnt take the cash, we said enough for some gas and a coffee.......we had alot of 10's and 20's that night..........still made a couple hundred, got us new suits as we wrote ours off in the muck and oil..........not bad i say!

Guest smallgamehunter

i used to make alot of money just shoveling driveways and sidewalks for the older folks in my neighborhood when i was younger

i wish the mailman would get here with my package so i have my new toy to play with

Morning all.It sure has been some wierd weather here in Indiana the last 2 days.Last night about 8 it was almost blizzard conditions,then by 11 it was raining and the snow was melting.Today is supposed to snow a little with 50 mph winds,then hi of 18 tommorrow.

Guest smallgamehunter

the Breeden SGH should be here today and i got plenty of fun tests to do with it

iloveblades thats what im dealing with here in illinois right now

Guest smallgamehunter

well we are gonna see just exactly what it can do and i had to come up with some new tests for it since bryan already did some of the ones i was gonna do