WildSurvive Forum
Bravo

Campfire Talk

So is it official?  Do we have snow on the ground in all 50 states now?

They talked about this on the news last night, said Hawaii was the only state without snow.  I wondered if some of the peaks there might have snow on them, but not sure of the elevation.

Snow sucks...  I'm sick of it, and its hell to drive in.  Now ya know how I feel :P  I really want it to warm up so I can go outside and not freeze my but off, and I can work on projects in the garage without going numb.  Spring, where art thou?

Guest smallgamehunter

u should invest in some extreme cold weather thermals SK

They talked about this on the news last night, said Hawaii was the only state without snow.  I wondered if some of the peaks there might have snow on them, but not sure of the elevation.

Yeah, they get snow up there. Seen it. They get snow near the equator too, Mt. Kilimanjaro.

We started working on the farm home again today. Still burning stuff that should have been burned 10 years ago.

We got a little dusting this morning and it doesnt look like much more is coming. We must have seen 100 deer on the way back from the farm last evening. That usually means a front is coming through.

Happy Valentine's Day!  :heart:

Happy Single's Awareness Day!  :P

Happy New Year!   :cheers:

It's the Chinese New Year today and it's the Year of the Tiger.  I was born in the Year of the Tiger in 1962, so that makes me a "Water Tiger". 

Chinese Zodiac - Tiger

Personality

Occupying the 3rd position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Tiger symbolizes such character traits as bravery, competitiveness and unpredictability. Tigers love to be challenged and will accept any challenge if it means protecting a loved one or protecting their honor. They don’t worry about the outcome because they know they’ll always land on their feet. Don’t let their calm appearance fool you though; Tigers will pounce when they feel it’s necessary.

Born to lead, Tigers can be stubborn if they realize they’re not in charge. They have a slight tendency to be selfish but overall, Tigers are extremely generous. They’re very intelligent and they’re always on alert. Tigers are very charming and are well-liked by others. They are not motivated by money or power.

Health

As they do their enemies, Tigers have a tendency to pounce on their work. Afterwards, they’re left feeling exhausted. Although they’ll soon bounce right back, over time this approach can cause problems with their health. Tigers need to develop a more balanced approach to life so they can utilize their energy more efficiently.

Career

Tigers have a continual need to be challenged which may explain why they jump from job to job. This isn’t necessarily a problem because they’re smart and able to quickly master new subjects. The best jobs for Tigers are those that will lead them towards positions of leadership. Some suitable careers for Tigers include: advertising agent, office manager, travel agent, actor, writer, artist, pilot, flight attendant, musician, comedian and chauffeur.

Relationships

Creative in their passion, Tigers will never bore their partners. They’re expressive, polite and trustworthy, but watch out. Tigers tend to dominate their relationships. This tendency is instinctive and when monitored closely, such behavior can be kept under control. Partners need to be equally active to keep up with the Tiger’s sense of adventure.

Tigers and the 5 elements

Metal Tiger – Years 1950 and 2010

Assertive, competitive and sharp, once Metal Tigers set their sights on their goals there’s no stopping them. They’ll always do what’s necessary to remain at the center of attention. Metal Tigers tend to jump to conclusions; a behavior they need to work at improving.

Water Tiger – Years 1902 and 1962

Water Tigers are sensitive and tranquil. They realize that other people have worthy opinions too. They’re very intuitive which makes them good at accurately judging different situations.

Wood Tiger – Years 1914 and 1974

Not feeling the need to be in charge, Wood Tigers work well with others. Others enjoying being around Wood Tigers because they’re very giving individuals. They’re compassionate and willing to do whatever is necessary to help others.

Fire Tiger – Years 1926 and 1986

Expressive, vibrant and a bit eccentric, Fire Tigers are always looking at the positive side of every situation. Because they’re able to generate excitement in others, they’re considered excellent leaders. When Fire Tigers speak, others listen – and do what they’re told!

Earth Tiger – Years 1938 and 1998

More grounded in reality, Earth Tigers don’t get carried away by the circumstances of their situations. Instead, they sit back and evaluate all angles before jumping in. They’re able to stay focused on their tasks; a trait that helps ensure success.

Compatibility

Tigers are compatible with a Dog and a Horse and are incompatible with a Goat and an Ox.

Most people laugh about zodiacs about as much as they laugh about "psychics" and "ESP" and all the "supernatural" stuff, but to be honest, some of it has merit.  I'll bet every single one of us has experienced something unexplainable at least once in our lives.  :yes:  Like, thinking of someone you haven't heard from in a long time and then the phone rings and it's that person, or having a strong feeling that something isn't right, then finding out later that you should have listened to that "inner voice" or "instinct" after all.  

I thought it was interesting that the King James Version of the Bible says in Genesis 1:14 "and God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years :" but the New International Version says: "And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years,"

See how the meaning was totally changed?  In the King James Version, God created the stars to serve as signs for us AND to mark the changing seasons.  But the New International Version changed it and says that the stars were created to serve as signs JUST to mark seasons.

I love stuff like that.  I guess that's why I read three different Bibles, just to make sure that I am getting the whole message, and not just what one version is touting.  :yes:

Guest smallgamehunter

i hate snow got a inch on the ground and its not stoppin till tomorrow morning

i hate snow got a inch on the ground and its not stoppin till tomorrow morning

Oh, to have only an inch of snow on the ground...

But I concur...I also hate snow.

Guest smallgamehunter

news just said we will have 5-7 inches on ground by noon tomorrow  it will make for a real fun bday hunt

Happy Valentine's Day!  :heart:

Tigers and the 5 elements

Wood Tiger Years 1914 and 1974

Not feeling the need to be in charge, Wood Tigers work well with others. Others enjoying being around Wood Tigers because theyre very giving individuals. Theyre compassionate and willing to do whatever is necessary to help others.

What does it say about Tiger Woods?

So far, no snow on the ground around the house yet, mostly rain.  It should switch over as temps drop today.  I've told some folks that I'm ready to just drive south until I see palm trees!  

This song sort of says it all!   :hugegrin:

Happy Birthday KW and SGH! 

Hey everyone hope everybody and had a Happy Valentines day.  :heart:

Those that are getting snow hope y'all thaw out soon...lol Never been so happy to live in Florida but then again I'll

wonder about that when a hurricane heads this way.....lol happy097.gif

Take care and Stay Safe ....♥hugs♥

Happy Birthday to KentuckyWoodsman and SmallGameHunter......Hope y'all have a great day..and get what ya want  :naughty: